I'm asking a repeat question, hoping for a better answer

missashley8705

I have searched the topics so please don’t respond with a suggestion for me to search… Again. I know people have asked about receiving funds and how you have to wait fourteen days blah blah blah. I received my first paid gig on 7/21, since then I have been super busy Fiverring all day every day. I have accrued a nice little pot of money and I know my original 14 day waiting period is almost over.

My question is, once you have waited fourteen days do you receive the money for all of your completed tasks or just for that one task I completed fourteen days ago? It seems a little foolish to get paid for just what you made that one day fourteen days ago, instead of a lump sum for a period of time. Is it a reality that people who work every day get paid small daily amounts every day after their first fourteen?

I need the factual details from an experienced seller who knows first hand how it works, not a guess based on a rumor. Please and thanks!

My revenue page doesn’t show the clearance times, I have heard that said before and have looked at every little thing and hovered over every word and picture but it doesn’t show any dates.

So the answer is yes then, instead of being paid any substantial amount at once, you instead get paid every day (if you work every day) for that one day two weeks ago.

Seems a little foolish to do it that way but whatever.

Thank you @madmoo for not being generic in your answer lol. This is the information I was looking for.

I have my PayPal attached to an online bank which helps me to avoid the PayPal withdrawal fees (by transferring verses technically withdrawing). I understand the part about the difference between finishing and completing a task, but the principle is the same… You always have to wait 14 days even if it is only $4 a day.

Well I assumed this is how it worked, I just hoped I was wrong. I’m a little disheartened by my puny daily paychecks but it is what it is.

The 14 day waiting period is mostly because of PayPal. PayPal takes a while to process payments. After you wait 14 days, assuming you work everyday, you will get paid every day. It’s really not a big deal! My suggestion for you would be to withdrawal as little as possible though because PayPal takes a small percentage up to $50. Anything you make after $50 will only take $1 to withdrawal, where as if you took your Fiverr earnings every single day, the PayPal percentage would be well over $1. I hope that makes sense 🙂

Fortunately I go through an online bank which provides free transfers from Dwolla and PayPal. In response to the last comment I was asking for a clarification, I wasn’t aware that I was making it a “big deal”. The isn’t the Ranting Pot, no one is freaking out.

Because I asked this question, it has finally been answered with an informed response verses a vague idea AND even includes an informative “how-to” with pictures thanks to miss madmoo ;-). It was very appreciated that someone took the time to give a good, explanatory response instead of repeating like a broken Fiverr 'bot (as I specifically requested not happen in my original post).

Moral of the story, I now completely understand how it works. I don’t have to always like it but I do understand and accept it 🙂

Archived