Does a project that was placed more than a year ago and still exists due to client inactivity effect my seller ranking?

sannansyed

Question

So here's the scenario, a buyer of mine placed an order about 2 years ago, I delivered it to him and he had some revisions he wanted to be done in the delivery, he said that he would send it in the form of a document, October 2023 now, he has not sent the document nor any other info. I messaged him during the time asking for updates but he never responded. Now, this year, he did get online after instantly going offline but he didn't reply to any of my messages.

I am afraid of canceling the order because of one primary reason:
I am a level two seller right now with already very low traffic for some reason, even though I complete 2 or 3 orders every month or so without a single later delivery in the past few months. Again, the order frequency is not amazing but I make software from scratch with programming, including cloud-based web apps and mobile apps. My projects are usually divided into multiple milestones and they do take a while. This has been my order frequency forever, the highest number of projects I ever completed in a month was 6. The point is, that this is not a frequency that is off from my normal one. If I cancel this order at this point in time, my traffic will get even lower than it is right now, with no way for me to get back to my current level without doing more than the normal amount of projects, and my Fiverr account may end up dead.

The reason I am asking this question is due to the fact that my order completion rate has been 100% in the past 60 days, and I have 0 late deliveries in the past 60 days, alongside a clean record in following the Fiverr policies. I just don't see any reason for my account to suddenly go dead considering a normal order frequency. Currently, my only remaining suspicion is that this one order sitting in there for almost 2 years is slowly getting my points in the algorithm low due to it not being delivered in a long time.

Does anyone have an idea if this could be the case? Does the Fiverr algorithm count projects that have been marked as late long ago and not been delivered?

• Like 8

2 answers to this question

Update: My client surprisingly returned after being offline for so long and I discussed the case with him on a positive note. Then he permitted me to contact customer support, I did so, and they cancelled the order without resetting my stats 😄.

• Like 3