Seller Completed a Task before discussing charges or accepting any offer.

yvonne255

Hi, I was looking for help with solving my  web host database, upon looking  for a seller, I sent a couple of messages to some sellers  3 of them responded on time and got in dicussin with the 2 sellers. Both of the sellers asked for credentials to the hosting account to check on the issue and advise so I did, one got back and said he can fix it at a rate of $30, I negotiated, and he agreed on $20 and created an offer. I did not accept it as I waited to hear from the other seller, when  I gave him the credentials he just said he is checking on it but later after like 3hrs he responds  saying he has solved the issue, and he charges $175 - $200 he did this before we even discussed on the charges.What action should I take here 

Edited by yvonne255
  • Like 10

50 minutes ago, hamza_mashhood said:

you should pay the developer and check whether its really done or not

Well there was no order and the agreement was for $20. The seller is dishonest if they agree to do it at $20 and then charge substantially more. This buyer is not forced to purchase anything, because there was no order made. I think the seller needed to wait until the offer was accepted. But then, if they did that and the offer was indeed accepted, they couldn't charge more. That's pretty shady, at least for me. I prefer transparency, it leads to a much better experience on both sides.

• Like 4
  • Up 4

4 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Well there was no order and the agreement was for $20. The seller is dishonest if they agree to do it at $20 and then charge substantially more. This buyer is not forced to purchase anything, because there was no order made. I think the seller needed to wait until the offer was accepted. But then, if they did that and the offer was indeed accepted, they couldn't charge more. That's pretty shady, at least for me. I prefer transparency, it leads to a much better experience on both sides.

Yes you are right sellers should wait for the offer I suggested him pay but only condition if the task was done.As there was no offer created the buyer can pay according to his own will

• Like 3
  • Up 1

22 minutes ago, hamza_mashhood said:

As there was no offer created the buyer can pay according to his own will

If the seller would ask the $20 that he agreed for, sure. But asking way way more than that.. it's very fishy and certainly doesn't make him trustworthy. Unfortunately some people here do that, they quote a price and then change it to try and scam the buyer for more $$. 

• Like 5
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

That was the offer from the first seller. The OP waited for the second seller to respond, the second seller claimed that they did the task and demanded $175 - $200.

Pretty sure the first seller did the work..

"one got back and said he can fix it at a rate of $30, I negotiated, and he agreed on $20 and created an offer. I did not accept it as I waited to hear from the other seller, when  I gave him the credentials he just said he is checking on it but later after like 3hrs he responds  saying he has solved the issue". Regardless, it's a mess 🙂 But the OP doesn't have to pay anyone.

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 4
  • Up 2