Sellers can get rated but Buyers can't

chase183

I know that sellers get rated but when you rate a buyer when they complete a order it stays on your gig page has no affect on them, I think that there should be a page called buyer ratings or something, so if you as a seller buy a gig you would also be consider a buyer and have ratings from the seller and if you as the seller wanted to review the buyer to make sure he is a good customer you could. Thumbs up if you like this idea.

I agree 100% and I’m a buyer! Ebay has buyer/seller rating systems, and I think that’s ideal. Not only does the buyer have the opportunity to decide whether to spend his/her money with a particular seller, but the seller has the ability to avoid a psycho buyer! (and yes, I have a 100% positive rating on Ebay)

Fiverr probably does not want to scare away potential income by having buyers being rated. After all, Fiverr is effectively an auction block.

That said, you can check the general feedback on a buyer by googling for “Fiverr.com [name of buyer]” and you can find existing Gigs they gave feedback on. You will also see the feedback they got back from the seller.

It’s not much, but it will give an indication. A buyer who wants to invest a lot of money on a new account with no previous Gigs might be a new account used specifically to get you to do a lot of work, and then get their money back with a PayPal dispute.

Always chat with your buyers and find out what kind of people they are. Do they push/pressure/threaten you to do something? Do they use peer pressure or excessive haggling? Does their use of language become worse over time (sign of them getting angry or rushed)? Those are all signals to be careful about.

Good communication isn’t just to make sure you understood what the buyer wanted - it also gives you a chance to look before you leap.

Archived