Can you help me? I just received a message about my gigs

pinktea

Question

Someone just messaged me like this:

ScreenShot2023-10-04at15_52_45.png.39968836c02a488eedd811192f18132a.png

I'm cautious about unpaid work scams, what should I do? I just replied him that he should wait. Is it safe to provide images without any upfront payment? Or should I create a milestone offer?

Please enlighten me, thankyou for your answer.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Guest jameyvideo

You are never to offer to complete and deliver a project a client hasn't paid upfront. Fiverr's system Is escrow based so you don't have to worry about getting paid at the end. All you have to do is discuss the details of the project with the customer, state to them how you intend completing this - maybe provide a mock design or something of that sort. Once they place an order and you deliver to their satisfaction, then Fiverr releases the funds to you. 

Edited by jameyvideo

8 minutes ago, jameyvideo said:

You are never to offer to complete and deliver a project a client hasn't paid upfront. Fiverr's system Is escrow based so you don't have to worry about getting paid at the end. All you have to do is discuss the details of the project with the customer, state to them how you intend completing this - maybe provide a mock design or something of that sort. Once they place an order and you deliver to their satisfaction, then Fiverr releases the funds to you. 

I made an offer, but they didn't accept it. Can it be assumed that they don't intend to actually pay?

ScreenShot2023-10-04at19_00_17.png.a9b7dcb5b739c717da9aa3463dad4e30.png

• Like 3