Why buyers can access more revisions than provided?

alexandravaradi

Question

I have been a seller for 2 years now on Fiverr and this bugged me from the beginning. Always thought maybe the site is just not developed enough for this problem, but then after two years seeing how much you can earn on Fiverr and they take away 20% from your income I was like that shouldn't be a reason at all.

As a seller I feel so outraged by the fact that you can set up your gigs with a number of revisions that you think will be okay for your buyers, and even if they might need more you can back yourself up with offering extras, BUT NO the site works otherwise! Buyers can bypass that and just ask for another revision without any asking for it and as a seller you will comply because who would want to get a negative feedback and get stripped away from views by an obnoxious algorithm. Like what is the point to set up the number of revisions or set extra revisions as an option if the site can't even count it and be like "Oh sorry Buyer you reached the maximum amount of revisions provided by the Seller. Please consider buying more revisions if you wish to make any more changes to your project."

Someone tell me if I'm the only one having these questions in my head or others too?

Or if someone has a good tip how to prevent this to happen I would greatly appreciate it! And please spare me with "Do a better job by communicating." Because I do communicate but we all have those buyers who indecisive or get their ideas last minute.

I appreciate anyone who can add to this topic. And even having a tiny hope that in the future it can change if enough people join the topic and Fiverr recognize this as a problem.

• Like 13
  • Up 2

5 answers to this question

11 hours ago, listing_point said:

If you don't want to get more revision, then you should fulfill buyer's need and satisfy with your work.

While I agree with your statement, in reality it is sometimes the case that you can 100% complete the agreed upon task and even go above and beyond in order to provide superb quality result, and a buyer will still request a revision for some last minute add-on that they forgot or just thought of at the end.   If you have managed to avoid this situation then I applaud you, but it will happen eventually.

• Like 8

On 10/3/2023 at 9:14 AM, listing_point said:

If you don't want to get more revision, then you should fulfill buyer's need and satisfy with your work.

As a 5 star seller this is not usually the problem that I'm not good enough in satisfying the needs of the buyers. It's more about the buyer being indecisive or not listing out their vision clearly enough even after proper communication during the project.

This topic is not about the buyers problem, it's about having a problem with the platform as a seller.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, alexandravaradi said:

As a 5 star seller this is not usually the problem that I'm not good enough in satisfying the needs of the buyers. It's more about the buyer being indecisive or not listing out their vision clearly enough even after proper communication during the project.

Go with Seller Plus. 

That gives you the Request to Order feature. Which means people have to contact you before placing the order. It prevents people from placing orders until you know 100% what they want, then you can send them a custom offer. It definitely comes in handy if you want to push away indecisive buyers. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1