Buyer is requesting contact information (email address)

macpui

Hi! I’m new to fiverr. I have just recently been discussing a possible gig with a buyer (he has not placed the order yet). He is asking for my email; communication purposes.

I like to keep things inside the site (for documentation). My question is, if we do communicate outside of fiverr, will that become a problem for me as a seller?

@macpui I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve read posts from people, both buyers and sellers, who were convinced to go off-site to do sales, and then gotten scammed! Usually they post here as a warning to others, because sometimes it can be tempting to avoid Fiverr’s fees, and it just seems so much easier. You lose any protection or help from Fiverr, though, when you do that, plus Fiverr’s software catches most email or website addresses, even when you write it out. They do punish you for breaking this rule.

Reply to @celticmoon: Thanks for the comment. He insists it’s only for communication purposes and that any monetary transaction will be kept on fiverr, but I don’t work like that. I prefer to keep things where they are supposed to be. I’ll let him know that if we’ve hit an impasse then the negotiations will stop.

Archived