Profile Update & Gig Ranking

xotatech

Question

Hello, Fellow sellers. I am going to update my fiverr profile and don't want to lose my gigs current position. If I update my profile, how much time (in hours) it may take to reshuffle the algorithm and is there a possibility to affect my current position in a negative way. If I take multiple orders, can the new orders make my account stable or not? The last question is- should I get the new orders just after updating the profile or after reshuffle the position of my gigs?

Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestions & feedbacks.

• Like 4

2 answers to this question

Hello, Fellow sellers. I am going to update my fiverr profile and don't want to lose my gigs current position. If I update my profile, how much time (in hours) it may take to reshuffle the algorithm and is there a possibility to affect my current position in a negative way. If I take multiple orders, can the new orders make my account stable or not? The last question is- should I get the new orders just after updating the profile or after reshuffle the position of my gigs?

Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestions & feedbacks.

• Like 1

To be honest - I don't think sellers on this forum will be able to give you a "guarantee" or confirm whether your gig update will result in a negative placing of your gig, or exactly when the effect will show up. It all depends on what exactly the change that you do, and how the clients take it.

From what I have seen, after any update, for some time (maybe a few days as well) the gig is taken off from the search, and then later on it may come back again, depending on the changes done.

Think about it like this

Your gig is your showroom. Let's say, currently your showroom facia, interiors are dull & boring, and you have less customers coming in. If you enhance the showroom design like the Facia for example, and make it look amazing & more attractive, there are chances that people will like it & it may increase the footfall in the showroom, resulting in more business for you.

However, if your showroom is already doing well, and if you make a change that the customers doesn't like (for example, you changed the Tiles and somehow the Tiles are slippery), people may not like it & you may notice a decrease in the footfall.

So it all depends on what changes you are doing, whether it is better than earlier or not.

• Like 1