Help Needed to Reactivate Fiverr Seller Account Under Review

shashi_yt

Question

Dear Community,

I'm reaching out for assistance and advice on how to reactivate my temporarily disabled Fiverr account.

On August 25, 2023, I received an email from Fiverr stating that my gig was reviewed and they believed the service I offer could potentially harm their marketplace. Consequently, my account is currently under review by their team.

It's worth noting that I have been offering the same service for over two years now. I was on the verge of achieving Top Level Seller status when my account was temporarily disabled by the Fiverr team.

I've built a loyal customer base with numerous repeat buyers, and my overall rating stands at an impressive 4.9.

I've reached out to customer support, but unfortunately, I haven't received a positive response yet. They keep saying that their team is looking into it.

Could anyone please offer any guidance or advice on how to go about recovering my account so I can resume offering my services to buyers?

Thank you so much for your help. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. 🙏🙏

• Like 10

11 answers to this question

Sorry to hear that. 

Would you like to share what kind of services were you providing?

There are several type of jobs that are not allowed on the platform. Though we see that people do create gigs for such jobs and continue doing them, however, as & when Fiverr notices them (or someone flags them and then it comes to Fiverr's notice), Fiverr takes action on such gigs and either issues warning or removes the gig or even disable the ID as well.

For example, there are a lot of people who offer academic assignment/homework services. This is NOT allowed by Fiverr, and they have disabled a lot of IDs in past, even though people have been offering such services for several years in past.

To be honest, I don't think people on this forum will be able to help you to recover your account. There is a separate team in Fiverr (not the usual customer support) who investigates into such issues and takes action based on their findings, sometimes they take time to decide.

Since it's been around a month now, you may want to politely check with customer support team about the status. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, sripra9007 said:

Sorry to hear that. 

Would you like to share what kind of services were you providing?

There are several type of jobs that are not allowed on the platform. Though we see that people do create gigs for such jobs and continue doing them, however, as & when Fiverr notices them (or someone flags them and then it comes to Fiverr's notice), Fiverr takes action on such gigs and either issues warning or removes the gig or even disable the ID as well.

For example, there are a lot of people who offer academic assignment/homework services. This is NOT allowed by Fiverr, and they have disabled a lot of IDs in past, even though people have been offering such services for several years in past.

To be honest, I don't think people on this forum will be able to help you to recover your account. There is a separate team in Fiverr (not the usual customer support) who investigates into such issues and takes action based on their findings, sometimes they take time to decide.

Since it's been around a month now, you may want to politely check with customer support team about the status. 

Thanks for your response and suggestion, I am a social media manger and I offer only Youtube vides promotion through google ads, As per my knowledge, This type of jobs are allowed in this platform.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, shashi_yt said:

As per my knowledge, This type of jobs are allowed in this platform.  

In all honesty, I am not aware whether the specific service you were offering is allowed or not, OR if there is any other reason behind the account getting temporarily disabled.

You may want to ask customer support about the reason behind the account going in review, they might be able to provide you the reason.

Edited by sripra9007
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, shashi_yt said:

Dear Community,

I'm reaching out for assistance and advice on how to reactivate my temporarily disabled Fiverr account.

On August 25, 2023, I received an email from Fiverr stating that my gig was reviewed and they believed the service I offer could potentially harm their marketplace. Consequently, my account is currently under review by their team.

It's worth noting that I have been offering the same service for over two years now. I was on the verge of achieving Top Level Seller status when my account was temporarily disabled by the Fiverr team.

I've built a loyal customer base with numerous repeat buyers, and my overall rating stands at an impressive 4.9.

I've reached out to customer support, but unfortunately, I haven't received a positive response yet. They keep saying that their team is looking into it.

Could anyone please offer any guidance or advice on how to go about recovering my account so I can resume offering my services to buyers?

Thank you so much for your help. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. 🙏🙏

Honestly, no one in the Forum can help you with it. Only Fiverr Support can help you.

But they must have sent you an email regarding it. What does it say? Like have they said that they will notify you after 60 or 90 days about the decision? 

• Like 5

A few of my friends who are YouTube promotors, their Gigs have not been approved. I think Fiverr is not allowing Youtube-related services. You should follow smartdezigns advice above.

Besides you may contact Fiverr Staff Lina who helps sellers.

Lina Fiverr Staff: https://community.fiverr.com/profile/761575-lena/

Have a nice day. May you attain success in your endeavors and reach your goals.

Thanks

• Like 5

3 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Honestly, no one in the Forum can help you with it. Only Fiverr Support can help you.

But they must have sent you an email regarding it. What does it say? Like have they said that they will notify you after 60 or 90 days about the decision? 

60 days, thanks 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, shashi_yt said:

Dear Community,

Tell your returning customers about this issue and have a backup account ready, of course, not under your name but maybe one of your siblings or family members so even if this account gets disabled, you'll have something.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, noah_designer said:

Tell your returning customers about this issue and have a backup account ready, of course, not under your name but maybe one of your siblings or family members so even if this account gets disabled, you'll have something.

Thankyou so much you suggestion, 

• Like 2