Top Seller

ammarkamil

Question

Hello everyone,

I have been having an issue with customer service. I have achieved all the requirements for top seller level for over a year now with 100% customer satisfaction and over 120 five-star reviews and still no get that level. When I reached out to customer service they were unable to provide any clearer answer other than its a manual review and specific objective available to achieve to get that level. If anyone have any experience with the same situation would like to hear it.

Thank you

• Like 7

9 answers to this question

On 9/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, ammarkamil said:

they were unable to provide any clearer answer other than its a manual review and specific objective available to achieve to get that level.

That seems pretty clear.  Once you reach all the requirements to be considered, they manually look at your gigs and determine if they are of sufficient quality to get the TRS badge.

• Like 6

On your main gig image it says "Level 2 Seller". The gig image guidelines at:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/15863342952977-Gig-Images-General-Gig-image-guidelines

say:

Don’t use Fiverr logos or badges- Fiverr automatically includes badges for you, so there is no need to add additional Fiverr logos, rating, seller level, or any other badges to your Gigs—this will flag your Gig and will be removed. 

so they don't seem to want you to put your seller level on the main gig image. So maybe that might be one thing that could be decreasing their chance of being promoted to TRS.

Some of the other TRS in your category have their education or certifications in that section of their profile. Though you list certifications on your profile description maybe you could add them to the certifications section if that would help (unless it would seem like they were repeated there).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

14 hours ago, newsmike said:

Once you reach all the requirements to be considered, they manually look at your gigs and determine if they are of sufficient quality to get the TRS badge.

Actually, Fiverr might not even look at your gigs once you reach all the TRS requirements because there are other quality metrics, such as your Buyer Satisfaction Rate (BSR), that need to be at a certain level before Fiverr will even do the manual review. This is what prevents most Level 2 sellers from becoming TRS - they aren't meeting the requirements of the hidden metrics to be flagged for the manual review. And if the seller doesn't meet the "other quality metrics," their account won't even be considered for the manual review for another 4 months (Fiverr will take a look at the account again after 3 months have passed).

If a seller has hit all the minimum criteria for TRS, but they lose access to certain features, such as the Early Payout feature (as a Seller Plus member) or Promoted Gigs, that indicates that the hidden quality metrics aren't at the point for your account to be considered for the manual review. Even if all your visible stats are perfect.

This means that to be considered for TRS, your last 4 months have to be perfect on all visible and hidden metrics. Your past performance doesn't matter at that point (it will in the manual review, but not in the initial screen). This level of perfection can be hard to achieve because life isn't perfect and things do happen.

After I hit all the requirements for TRS, I had my first cancelation in a year. This resulted in a BSR score lower than the allowable threshold, so I was told I wasn't going to be considered for TRS again for the next three months - they wanted to see improvement in my performance (this is what my Success Manager told me).  Four months later, my BSR was perfect, but there were other quality metrics affected because my account recently got hacked/shut down and that caused all of my orders in queue to be canceled. Fiverr CS fixed my visible metrics, but the additional quality metrics were not. I lost the Early Payout feature during this time as well. So I had to wait four more months.

After four months, a life event happened that made me want to cancel all my orders in queue. But I didn't. I chose to extend my orders instead and take care of my customers. It was hard, but that's what allowed me to qualify for the manual review and become TRS.

I can see how, if a seller has a lot of difficult orders or life events going on, they may never be considered for TRS. But that's okay - just focus on what you can do and take care of your customers. TRS is not required to make good money on the platform or to attract good buyers.

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

It was hard, but that's what allowed me to qualify for the manual review and become TRS.

Congratulations on achieving your TRS badge. It is well deserved. 

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

(this is what my Success Manager told me).

We share a SPM. I noticed you mentioned her by name someplace else on the Forum.  She is the best! 

• Like 7

19 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

We share a SPM. I noticed you mentioned her by name someplace else on the Forum.  She is the best! 

I agree! We are so lucky to have her as our SPM!

When my account was shut down by the hacker, she fought really hard to try to get everything restored for me. It's nice to know that someone is fighting for me behind the scenes. 😊

• Like 5

On 9/22/2023 at 5:43 PM, ammarkamil said:

Hello everyone,

I have been having an issue with customer service. I have achieved all the requirements for top seller level for over a year now with 100% customer satisfaction and over 120 five-star reviews and still no get that level. When I reached out to customer service they were unable to provide any clearer answer other than its a manual review and specific objective available to achieve to get that level. If anyone have any experience with the same situation would like to hear it.

Thank you

I was, in terms of the objective metrics, eligible for TRS for several years without any hint that my account had ever been looked at. I signed up for Seller Plus and got TRS on the very next review date. They’re not kidding when they say that priority vetting is a feature of the subscription.

If you think you’re being overlooked, it might be worth a shot.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I was, in terms of the objective metrics, eligible for TRS for several years without any hint that my account had ever been looked at. I signed up for Seller Plus and got TRS on the very next review date. They’re not kidding when they say that priority vetting is a feature of the subscription.

This was my experience, too. Having an SPM who guides you on improving your gigs and profile is extremely helpful. 

• Like 3