Half Star Rating?

kathysanders

My Fiverr rating has always been at 100%. I always over-deliver on my gigs. However, lately, I noticed that I had two 4.5 star ratings. It’s weird because both of the buyers were really happy with their orders and rated me at 5 stars for previous gigs they’ve ordered through me. Furthermore, I noticed that I wasn’t able to rate with a half star rating - so how can the buyers? Is this a mistake on Fiverr’s part? I just can’t believe that these customers would’ve given me 4.5 stars instead of 5. Has anyone else had this issue?

Buyers have 3 areas which they rate with up to 5 stars, so if only 4 stars were chosen in one of the areas, for example, would they recommend this gig & seller to others, you end up with a net of 4 2/3 stars. Fiverr puts the uneven star totals down as .5. We only rate buyers once with up to 5 stars, so that total will always be an even percentage.

@freelancemm explains the most likely reason your buyer didn’t give you straight 5-stars across the board. That’s the best explanation I’ve heard for buyers doing that, unless the buyer mentions a specific reason for dinging you.

I can’t seem to wrap my head around getting 4.9 stars instead of 5 on my gig. It’s frustrating that I provide such a valuable service (something that’s worth A LOT more than $5, just like a lot of the gigs on Fiverr), and even after over-delivering, someone would rate me less than 5 stars!

Reply to @celticmoon: I’ve had two buyers tell me that directly, both of which I ended up refunding their orders for feedback removal. They thought the service was perfect, but apparently not worthy of 5 stars despite that. Usually reinforcing on my $5 orders that they did in fact only spend $5 shouldn’t warrant anything less than 5 stars in all categories seems to work for the buyers I actually remember to do that for. It’s funny. All my orders with extras they had no doubt in their mind about giving me 5 stars… but yet, the $5 orders it’s always a battle. Maybe they were expecting a whole lot more… for $5?

What bothers me the most is that someone would rate me with 4 stars for “Communication” when they never even messaged me – so we never had any communication.

Buyers may just not understand that rating a gig as 4 stars actually hurts the buyer a lot more than they think.

Reply to @celticmoon: I am not too worried, really. It would take forever for me to ever drop below any rating that would cause me to lose extras on a particular gig(at which point, that gig is worthless to me.) or to lose levels. It’s still a pain to lose a perfect rating simply because of psychological reasons, but hey. There are benefits to that. I am using the “Pending Queue” effect to bring in a bunch of additional sales right now. Bigger the queue, the more it seems to attract additional buyers.

Well… a user can rate you differently on those 3 criteria. There from the half stars. It’s just math.

For my main Gig people (advertising on my high traffic blog websites, products… had even a few Gig reviews - which surprisingly led to good conversion -) I have couple couple 4 stars. the lowest is a 3.5 star.

I’d like to know the reason. I don’t care someone leaves a specific feedback but at least they should state why they did that.

It is not that fair just to click those star like (let me get out of here asap… I dont care about the rating…).

It get’s better. I am sure of that.

Archived