Improve the user interface to order gig multiples

From what I can tell, every seller and buyer is having this issue. Customers are constantly encountering problems when ordering multiple gigs and gig extras. Apparently, you can’t mix and match; a gig extra can be ordered multiple times only if that extra is ordered by itself. You also can’t place multiple orders of the main gig if there are extras checked. The boxes to change the Qty for anything are hard to find for many buyers (especially the computer illiterate ones).

My suggestion is to add a step to the gig ordering process where customers select how many of each gig/extra they want. For instance, if I order a gig with 1 extra, that would take me to a screen to select how many of the gig and extra I want. Calculations would be done on-screen to show me how much I’d be spending total. This could be the same screen sellers see when they review their new order and its time limit.

Speaking of which, I’m perplexed as to why time limits don’t stack. A 1 day order made 2 times should have a time limit of 2 days, not 1. But that’s another topic.

iloveflash said: Speaking of which, I'm perplexed as to why time limits don't stack. A 1 day

order made 2 times should have a time limit of 2 days, not 1.

Yeah, I’m with you on this. When I had my editing gig up, I had a repeat customer that would order editing for novels, which meant she had to order multiple gigs to meet the word count requirement. But the time didn’t increase. Luckily, she was one of those buyers you love to work with and understood when I explained that more words meant more time, and I’d have to mark the order as delivered until I delivered the work. We’d gotten to know each other enough through the gigs that we had trust built, and it worked.

But for new buyers or buyers that don’t understand the time issue, it can get difficult or even downright ugly. (I shudder to think what would happen with this star system in place.)

So yeah, I agree. Time limits should stack. Not sure why this hasn’t been implemented since day one.

Because they see it this way: 1 person buy 10 gigs = 10 people buy 1 gig for each.

If you have 10 buyers want the same service, wouldn’t the time for each buyer is still the same? Why would it be different if just 1 guy wants 10 time of the service from you? It’s your responsibility to set the deadline.

how to you want this to happen: a buyer order multy gigs at once and the time increase, buy multi buyers buy gigs then time stay the same? How about one buyewr order multi gigs, but just one gig a time to cheat this systerm?

1 person buying 10 gigs is clearly different from 10 people buying a gig each. Even from a programming standpoint, all you have to do is implement if/else code and you can create a system where time limits stack. Easy.

But that’s not my main issue/suggestion. My suggestion is to implement an extra step to the ordering process where buyers choose how many of the gig they want. This is because the current multi-ordering system is dysfunctional.

Archived