Is Summer Slower for Writers?

Guest all4mine

Guest all4mine

Hi everyone,

I appreciate this forum so much. I haven’t had much to offer as I’m fairly new. I have been surprised at the volume of work I’ve received here. It’s not great pay at first, but it sure beats the heck out of some of the other sites out there. I thought I was on a roll but I am getting worried. My fiverr business had been growing nicely over the past 5-6 months. I had a lot of repeat buyers and buyers that ordered bulk work. And in the past week or so it’s gone!!! I have changed my gigs a little since I hit level 2 because I don’t want to work for free (but that was three weeks ago), but I think my changes are reasonable. Do things just slow down this time of year or what?

I’ve really enjoyed working with most of the buyers I have encountered - they’re interesting and fun. My reviews are still at 100% but I’m worried, should I be?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Amy

From what i’ve read/seen, if you edit your gig, it gets pushed back in the rankings a little bit so people may have to go through a few more pages to find your gig. I’m also a writer though, and i had quite a few orders when i first begun selling on fiverr a few weeks back, but i haven’t had any more sales in the past week for those particular gigs, so it’s a possibility. After all, fiverr should never be seen as a reliable income, more as a sideline, in case sales fall like you and i have experienced 🙂

Guest all4mine

Thanks, Kate. I agree, it’s not reliable income, but I do like the work. 😉 I guess we’ll see how August goes, huh?

Archived