No service provided...what do I do now?

webchica

Pardon my new-ness, but I can’t seem to find the answer under Help. I have had good experiences with sellers with the few I’ve purchased from but there is one who did not provide the service at all. I requested a modification to see if there was an oversight or something on the seller’s part. I like to give the benefit of the doubt. The seller just rejected it, will not explain or respond to me. I then tried to cancel the order, he just keeps rejecting and so we ping-pong back and forth. So does this mean I’ve lost out on my money? I wasn’t even able to provide feedback so no one else gets ripped off. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Good day Webchica,

Sorry to hear that you’ve experienced the problem you have with the seller. You say the seller provider no service but you requested modification. Does this mean the seller mark the order complete but sent nothing to you or not what you were looking for?

I agree the seller should explain themselves as to why they are doing what they are doing. However, on the point that you can’t get provide feedback to deter any one else from being ripped off, the only way that happens is that the order gets cancelled and the money is refunded back to you in the form of a Fiverr credit.

If the seller keeps rejecting the mutual cancellation option, you can suck it up and lose the $5 and leave feedback regarding the order. You cannot do both - have your money back and leave negative feedback (unless of course the order has went late, which does not seem to be the case).

If all else fails, and you really want the order cancelled, contact Fiverr customer service to have them assist you. While it’s not the first thing I’d recommend, it’s def. the way to go in this case, in my opinion.

Good luck!

If a seller hasn’t given you the service you expected and will not respond, you have the option of contacting Customer Support to resolve the situation. It’s helpful to take screenshots of any messages you’ve sent the seller, etc. CS will likely ask for that. Before getting CS involved, my suggestion is to contact the seller one last time and politely state your position and what steps you’re prepared to take.

FYI, the majority of sellers on Fiverr are very customer service driven.

Archived