Can I suspend a gig, and still work til the end of that queue?

dau2477

I just want to stop incoming orders since I was thinking about suspending the gig for a while, and suddenly got the the front page and orders started flowing … I love this, of course, if people were kind and knew how to accept what the gig is for, but since apparently people can’t and I can’t explain myself, I believe I want to suspend it … However, I do want to finish what’s on queue …

Is there any way to do this ? Or do I need to get through all of them and then suspend ?

Thanks in advance!

Dau

Sheriff’s Note: Moved to Fiverr FAQS.

You can suspend your gig and keep your current orders. I might suggest extending your delivery time, though. Suspending your gig in my experience greatly lowers your search rankings and may stop the momentum you’ve built by having front page exposure.

Good luck! Looks like you’ve got a great gig! 🙂

Reply to @traxie2001:

Thanks ! 🙂

I’ve thought about it, I have increased it too, but I have that personal issue where I try to please everyone, and everyone forgets they’re paying $5 … So I end up doing hours (and I mean hourS) for their logo, and it’s not “worth it” …

I send out 2 samples, give out 3 revisions to those, and have had 3 clients in the past few days have me redesign completely on every revision, when I tried to explain to one the situation, the response was “sorry I’m being a pain”, hahaha …

Don’t know, maybe it’s just me, hahaha, but I’ve ordered gigs for my personal brand (animations and stuff) and I’ve never expected anything more than what I’m paying for, I guess the rest of the world disagrees on how this should be done, hahaha

Thanks for your advice and for your response though, 🙂

Reply to @madmoo:

Oh, of course, I’ve never thought about not finishing those orders !!! … I’m still working, even with those who have asked me to redesign the whole concept more than once, I just want to know if, since apparently I can’t manage to explain myself that I’m here to do what I’m offering on the gig, and if they want more that’s what the extras are for, I can just stop new orders coming in … Which thanks to you both I know I can now !

I figure either way I’ll come off the recommended page eventually, hahaha

Reply to @dau2477: This is a better problem to have than not enough orders! I see so many people begging to be on the front page, but I would prefer to stay in my little niche and not be front-page fodder precisely for this reason.

Sounds like you might need to be firmer with people and what you’ll offer. Are the samples you send paid for? Maybe you can do a rough sketch instead of offering the full shebang as a sample? Maybe offer two revisions? I’ve had to cut down what I offer and how I send samples to avoid the situation you’re in.

Reply to @traxie2001:

True, I know, I’m complaining about something people look for, but I must say I also prefer to stay in my little niche … If I’m honest, I have no idea how it happened, but I can tell you the excitement ran off fast for me, haha, specially since this is a ‘side job’ for me, I still have things to take care of in the ‘real world’, hahaha …

Right now I send out 2 low res/watermarked samples, but those sound like great ideas actually, I may take you up on them, if you don’t mind ! … And yeah, I need to be firmer with people !

What I’ve decided is to suspend for the moment being, get through the unexpected amount of orders in queue and then change the gig description to be more specific on what I offer, have it be extremely clear, and give it another go …

Thanks again, 🙂

Reply to @madmoo:

Yeah, me too … The longest queue I had had was about 15, and I’ve passed 60, with all logos, which is the hardest one of my gigs … In a way it feels like I’m giving up, I know people hold like +200 gigs on queue, but again, this is not my only job, at the moment it’s bringing me more stress than any other thing, hahaha … I’ve got new gigs I want to post and maybe this will be the time, for fun gigs, and not stressful ones, hahaha 🙂

Archived