what is this pay-"Tip"-thing when an order is finished?

sonical_dreams

Question

hi there,

I don´t really understand that I have to pay "Tip" after the order and especially that fiverr determines the height

for me it´s just a logo for my hobby, chosen one painter, had conversation, chosen package (price risen compared to start) and then I go to pay and BAM! roundabout 5% on top for fiverr.com for making this homepage (and maybe the TV-Spots we see nowadays on german TV 😉 )

still everything okay for me

but now, when finished I´m forced by the tool to pay a "Tip" and there are 2 minimum-heights to chose from and a 3rd-option I don´t know what it´s about this then - and again a few € to fiverr on top?

can someone explain me in short (and easy words) what will happen, if I don´t wanna pay this? am I´m than out of fiverr? or did the seller be contacted to ask, why I don´t wanna pay?

background is that point 1: for me is a job-price the price of the bill, point 2: if I want to give tip, I want to do it by me and not forced to neither that the boss will see it, point 3: I have to calculate everything, because I´m earlybird retired (bad health) and so the price for my logo of my hobby is what I calculated, not such an hidden extra (if it is mentioned in the contract, than it was not easy to see/pointed to, so I need better glasses) on top

hope my words where not to hard, I´m normaly a adorable and friendly guy

regards

• Like 13

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, sonical_dreams said:

can someone explain me in short (and easy words) what will happen, if I don´t wanna pay this? am I´m than out of fiverr? or did the seller be contacted to ask, why I don´t wanna pay?

Tips are not mandatory. You don't have to tip someone if you don't want to. Fiverr encourages that because they also get some percentage from the tip. But you won't deal with penalties or any issues. They just heavily promote the idea of tipping sellers if you liked their work. However, it's fine to just ignore it and move on. Unless, of course, you want to tip the person if they did a great job. But even then, you can choose how much to tip them. So yeah, you can just skip it if you want. I've been a seller here for close to 10 years, and I can tell you that a lot of people don't tip. Most of them actually. And that's fine, as a seller you can try to charge more if you want. However, I do appreciate any tip I receive, but I don't expect one 🙂

• Like 11
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

However, I do appreciate any tip I receive, but I don't expect one

that´s the normal thought I have too 🙂

so, thanks for answering and good to know that neither the seller nor me get punished

when I´ll need a logo again, I then include it to calculation for the case of deserving extra-payment for the seller

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, sonical_dreams said:

when I´ll need a logo again, I then include it to calculation for the case of deserving extra-payment for the seller

You don't have to think about tips. Most sellers already have a high enough fees that will cover Fiverr fees on their side. I for one stick with a very low price, so obviously a tip means way more to me than someone else which already overcharges clients.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I think tips are ridiculous on Fiverr as most of these are professional services offered - if I get approached to design a website for a client I quote them a fee (including all my costs obviously) If they accept that, thats the price they pay. I dont expect a tip at the end of the job as we agreed a price upfront. And of course they expect a professional outcome for the job as thats what they're paying me for. I shouldn't expect more just for doing the job I quoted them on!

I think this whole US tipping mentality is getting out of hand now and on Fiverr its laughable. Just another way for Fiverr to make more money IMO as you have to pay a fee to leave a tip - something that has stopped me from leaving one on the odd occasion where the person truly went above and beyond. Remove the bloddy tips Fiverr. Its not professional!