What do you do when you're not getting any orders?

omirodricks

Question

15 answers to this question

The question really is, if we have signed up at a freelancer platform and created a gig, does it mean we will get an order, the answer to this question lies in how does any one trust a person with a gig who has no reviews, this is not so much about money but about time, hence those sellers that have reviews are more likely to get orders again and again.

But in the mean time you can keep upgrading your skills as there is no other option, is there ? Now if you want urgent money then a bank loan could be an alternative solution.

The other option is to go through some sites that actually take exams and one to one test before admitting you as a freelancer, but even those sites are currently closed to new openings or are demanding significant experience.

As has been mentioned, AI is going to make even a non technical or unskilled person so much comfortable with doing jobs that skilled people do, that job losses are imminent shock that the world will see.

Therefore you can either upgrade your skills or start a business where you actually sell something real like electronics parts etc.

This is all I can say as AI will destroy the gap between a skilled person and non skilled person very rapidly, 

Have you gone to a site like Dall e2, there the AI is capable of generating images just by writing prompts, like " a beautiful sunset in winter"

The results are mind blowing , now imagine the thousands of Jobs that could have gone to a graphics designer.

So we need to adjust our thinking, a way will be found out eventually but keep upgrading your self in the meanwhile.

Hope to see your success story soon on Fiverr.

• Like 14

Work on off-Fiverr projects. Learn something new about marketing. Read or re-read Fiverr news/announcements and check out the top seller posts on the forum. Brainstorm new gig or service ideas and research marketability vs. feasibility of adding them to my repertoire. Have some tea and relax for a minute.

• Like 15
  • Up 4

On 9/9/2023 at 1:16 PM, omirodricks said:

Just thinking about others, how you guys deal the situation when the market is down and you have no orders.

If I have no order to do, then I usually do some research on learning new skills or how to improve existing skills further, try to learn new things about Fiverr via Forum, cooking for family or sometimes take out my mom for some outing or shopping. 

• Like 14
  • Up 2

Guest nahid874
11 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

If I have no order to do, then I usually do some research on learning new skills or how to improve existing skills further, try to learn new things about Fiverr via Forum, cooking for family or sometimes take out my mom for some outing or shopping. 

Wow

@omirodricks brother, you mentioned in Fiverr profile "Tools I'm expert in: Adobe After Effects Premiere Pro Photoshop Illustrator Cinema 4d and you are a good designer"  but I can see your gig images and video's not good at all and professional 🙂 so make them more better, check top rated seller gig's profile for idea. 

Thanks

• Like 7
  • Up 3

On 9/9/2023 at 1:16 PM, omirodricks said:

Just thinking about others, how you guys deal the situation when the market is down and you have no orders.

This is the best time to learn a new skill, I provide a variety of services from Logo to Brand Style Guide, UI Designs, and WordPress websites, I learned all these when I started Fiverr. Once you start getting orders, you will not have time to learn anything new. Be patient and belive in yourself.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

On 9/9/2023 at 4:49 PM, seoswiftcreate said:

The question really is, if we have signed up at a freelancer platform and created a gig, does it mean we will get an order, the answer to this question lies in how does any one trust a person with a gig who has no reviews, this is not so much about money but about time, hence those sellers that have reviews are more likely to get orders again and again.

But in the mean time you can keep upgrading your skills as there is no other option, is there ? Now if you want urgent money then a bank loan could be an alternative solution.

The other option is to go through some sites that actually take exams and one to one test before admitting you as a freelancer, but even those sites are currently closed to new openings or are demanding significant experience.

As has been mentioned, AI is going to make even a non technical or unskilled person so much comfortable with doing jobs that skilled people do, that job losses are imminent shock that the world will see.

Therefore you can either upgrade your skills or start a business where you actually sell something real like electronics parts etc.

This is all I can say as AI will destroy the gap between a skilled person and non skilled person very rapidly, 

Have you gone to a site like Dall e2, there the AI is capable of generating images just by writing prompts, like " a beautiful sunset in winter"

The results are mind blowing , now imagine the thousands of Jobs that could have gone to a graphics designer.

So we need to adjust our thinking, a way will be found out eventually but keep upgrading your self in the meanwhile.

Hope to see your success story soon on Fiverr.

Hello Friend!
I'm a professional motion and graphic designer and I don't think Ai as my competitor. Rather, I think it as my success partner. I think everyone should think it with this way. Perhaps Dall e2 can create amazing designs but end of the day it's the market and clients requirement  that matters most. Don't say Dall e2 can read minds. And even if it does I will always be there for taking out the most advantage from it. ;)

Edited by omirodricks
  • Like 3

On 9/10/2023 at 7:04 PM, melanielm said:

Work on off-Fiverr projects. Learn something new about marketing. Read or re-read Fiverr news/announcements and check out the top seller posts on the forum. Brainstorm new gig or service ideas and research marketability vs. feasibility of adding them to my repertoire. Have some tea and relax for a minute.

This is something good to hear! Thanks

• Like 3

On 9/10/2023 at 10:52 PM, smartdezigns said:

Following the same 😄

• Like 3