Why would the second order from a client also say "promoted"?

mandyzines

The first time makes sense because they probably found my gig by me promoting it. In order for it to happen for the second order, wouldn't they have to search the marketplace again, find my gig at the top of the results in the promoted area, and order from there?

Or, maybe it's something else. Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, theratypist said:

It's been like that for awhile. Someone had a good explanation to how it works but yes - that buyer will still appear under promoted even if they aren't ordering from scratch through the marketplace search. 

As long as I'm not being charged again for their click then I guess it doesn't matter. I have it at "auto" and it's been around 40 cents a pop. Thanks!

• Like 4

IIRC, any orders placed by the same buyer within a 30 day window of the first promoted order are also considered to be 'promoted', even though at that point they (arguably) are not anymore, they're just now repeat buyers. Fiverr chooses to split hairs there, presumably because it's more $$$ for them, and it makes the program look more fruitful than it otherwise might.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, theratypist said:

Someone had a good explanation to how it works but yes - that buyer will still appear under promoted even if they aren't ordering from scratch through the marketplace search. 

It also helps boost the stats of promoted gigs and makes you feel better for spending the money. But yeah, it should only count that initial order. Sometimes I have hundreds of dollars as revenue, even if it was just a single person or maybe 2 people that I got an order for via promoted gigs. They became repeat clients, so yeah, the PG results seem way better.

• Like 5
  • Up 1