Getting an advance from a client

sebcismondo

Hi all

I am facing a problem I was not expecting, and I'm not sure how to solve it or even if the gig I have in mind can be done on Fiverr...

I'm thinking of offering guided tours of the region of Alicante in Spain where I'll be for the winter (I've been there before and know the area well so I figured why not?).

My first two plans don't pose a problem as I don't include any extras. However the 3rd and biggest one comes with one meal per day for a week... For up to 5 people (it's a family plan). The idea would be to make them discover some Spanish gastronomy and culture on top of visiting places...

However if I don't get an advance from the client I won't have the cashflow necessary to finance those meals. And it would seem I can't use the milestone workflow feature in this category (lifestyle -> travel).

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

• Like 9

6 hours ago, sebcismondo said:

or even if the gig I have in mind can be done on Fiverr

Can't. Fiverr is designed for digital services. Yes, there are a few services that involve goods, and the local photography category, but there is NO method of down payment. 

6 hours ago, sebcismondo said:

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Talk directly to local travel agencies and local businesses, hotels maybe. If your location is a tourist destination, you'll need to make local connections.

• Like 4
  • Up 2