Deliver using cloud storage?

charlsmcfarlane

Question

A buyer has been asking me to deliver their video files directly to a Google drive folder rather than upload them through the delivery process.

I’m worried about doing this and have been quite resistant, as I think it’s important that there is a record within the Fiverr system of what I have delivered.

I was looking through the Fiverr terms of service to see whether or not they would back my decision to decline to deliver the files in this way, but I can’t find anything that explicitly says that I can’t deliver the files using a cloud storage solution.

If anything, the terms of service seem to indicate that it is ok, because they say that the delivery must be either the delivery itself or proof of delivery, which would seem to imply that it could be delivered elsewhere and then ‘proven’ within the delivery process in Fiverr.

What does everyone think?

• Like 12
  • Up 2

4 answers to this question

1 minute ago, maitasun said:

@charlsmcfarlane, as long as you send the download link attached to the order (could be a .txt file) and don't share personal information, it's fine.

I wondered this myself but the client wants me to upload to their storage, so as soon as I upload something, I lose control of it. The buyer could download it and delete it and then say I never sent it 🤷. fiverr support would never know because the link will still be the same.

This also bypasses the step where Fiverr watermarks the videos until the buyer accepts the delivery.

• Like 11
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I wondered this myself but the client wants me to upload to their storage, so as soon as I upload something, I lose control of it. The buyer could download it and delete it and then say I never sent it 🤷. fiverr support would never know because the link will still be the same.

This also bypasses the step where Fiverr watermarks the videos until the buyer accepts the delivery.

Why don't you tell the buyer that it's Fiverr's policy that you need to attach the files with the Delivery on the Order Page?

If he wants the files on google drive, maybe you can do that AFTER sending the files as a formal delivery on the Order page, just to assist him.

Edited by sripra9007
  • Like 13
  • Up 2

6 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I asked CS about that because I did not feel comfortable working on Google Docs. Here is what they said:

There are two remarks here, the first one being that Google Docs are allowed on Fiverr (this is in case the files for Orders are too large to be uploaded directly in the chat, like videos and bulk images). So, technically, you shouldn't have issues working on a Buyer's Google Doc link.

However, and this is my second remark, I am interested in making sure that your deliverables are protected when you work on your Orders. By this, I mean it is good to make sure that Customer Support is able to review your Delivery Message, which can sometimes be an issue through doc links due to the restricted access. So, it is not a mistake at all to ask your Buyer to upload a Word file instead, and I may recommend you to keep doing so.

If a Buyer insists on having the files on doc links for convenience, I am inclined to suggest you offer to upload the text onto the cloud once the Order is completed and deliver the MS Word file nevertheless.

• Like 17