Who creates the order, the buyer or seller?

jimkernicky

Question

I had a buyer contact me for a gig. We messaged back and forth and then late last night I got a message that I have an order. When I woke up I saw an email from Fiverr saying I had less than 12 hours left. I never created the order. I saw the order with a price of $15, then the buyer asked me how much. I said "How about $50?" since it sounded like I was going to have to investigate the cause of the problem, then undo it. I expected the buyer to either accept or ask for a different rate, but then they said that it was too much and that they were going away and to cancel the order. But I never created the order so I can't cancel it. I created a ticked via the "Resolution Center". 

So how can a buyer create an order without my approval?

• Like 11

3 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, jimkernicky said:

So how can a buyer create an order without my approval?

All buyers can create orders by clicking on the "continue" button on an active gig, except for gigs that have the "request to order" option enabled which is only available for seller plus members as far as I know (though I think I've seen it on Pro seller's gigs too before seller plus). They can also do it by clicking to accept a custom offer sent in the inbox by the seller.

21 minutes ago, jimkernicky said:

But I never created the order so I can't cancel it. I created a ticked via the "Resolution Center". 

Yes, creating a cancellation request though the resolution centre is the only way to cancel it I think (either the buyer or seller can do that I think) that the other person can then accept if they want it cancelled (or it might cancel automatically if they don't respond after a certain number of days). Or though CS.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1