What to do about people who offer gigs that are blatantly unethical

somagiri

I recently have been at the receiving end of fiverr gigs that are blatantly unethical, i.e., someone has been buying fake reviews aimed at ruining my sales. Once alerted to the problem, I started looking at fiverr gigs and noticed some of these jerks claiming to have thousands of Amazon accounts, or providing ways to get thousands of accounts. They have all sorts of gigs designed to help get more sales/traffic/better reviews, etc. dishonestly. Isn’t there some way to shut such people down?

The trouble is that there are at least dozens if not hundreds of such people. And I don’t really have solid proof. I found out by reading comments under one review that was posted. One problem is that the user names aren’t the same on fiverr and Amazon. The reviews aren’t harrassing me. They are fake five star reviews about the only other book that is serious competition to mine (which is highly rated by many honest buyers). As that book is cheaper and way shorter, it’s decimated my sales and I’m not happy. But . . . they do advertise their gigs in a way that is clearly unethical and in violation of terms of service of Amazon, etc. So do I go through and note all the fiverr usernames and send them a list? Would they bother to do anything? Obviously, some of these people are experts in creating fake accounts.

Archived