New Account or Old | Unique Serious Problem |

zakeer1

Question

About a year ago I created fiverr account and get a review i maintain my account active for one month and then I am not using it for the last 5 months. now I want to come back to fiverr and start freelancing, what would you like suggest me to create a new account or to use this old account ?

Edited by zakeer1
Repetition of words.
  • Like 10

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, zakeer1 said:

About a year ago I created fiverr account and get a review i maintain my account active for one month and then I am not using it for the last 5 months. now I want to come back to fiverr and start freelancing, what would you like suggest me to create a new account or to use this old account ?

As per TOS, you are not allowed to create a new or second Fiverr account. So proceed with the existing account. Optimize it further i.e. change your gig images and add better gig images there, improve gig descriptions too. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, zakeer1 said:

If I deactivate this account and create a new one with new email and phone number.

What will be the difference then? That will be a brand new account and you have already an existing account so there will be no difference.

Better to proceed with the current one and work on it further. Like I said, you cannot create a 2nd account as per TOS so don't do it.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, zakeer1 said:

No need to create a new account. Just try to give full effort on it and optimize your profile and gigs as well.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, zakeer1 said:

I think that I will create an account with new attractive username and will be new to fiverr so fiverr will help me to boost my account as a new user.

You're asking for advice, but you already know what you're going to do. So why post this question?

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

15 hours ago, zakeer1 said:

I think that I will create an account with new attractive username and will be new to fiverr so fiverr will help me to boost my account as a new user.

I agree with you. If you have a feeling that a new account will do better, I'd say go for it. Go with gut instinct! You could cancel the old account with the help of customer support though, so that it gets deleted for sure and you have evidence of that. Do not just deactivate and leave it there (if that is even possible).

There is no reason why you shouldn't remove the old account by having it deleted from the system and start afresh; I did it myself and without doing it, my business wouldn't have taken off the way it has because there was some sort of anomaly on the old account and no matter what I did, it wouldn't gain traction. I nearly gave up on Fiverr and I'm glad I didn't.

I requested deletion of the old account and set up a new one, and from then, everything was amazing.

It's my understanding that you can delete your own account but if this were me, I'd ask Support to do it and then check it has gone, keeping copies of communications in case later, they assert you have two accounts! Call me sceptical... 🙂 Good luck!

Edited by anniejenkinson
  • Like 6
  • Up 1