Newbie in Switzerland with gigs in the world of Wealth Management, IT and FinOps

jungmat

Yesterday I signed up with fiverr. Don't know yet what to expect.
From the viewpoint of NYSE fiverr was a hype that came down.

I am curious to find out who takes it as a serious source of income or as a place to spend money on and how the billing/accounting/invoice system is expected to work.

Also how fiverr intends to make money with this. Getting a commission for each transaction?
Is it appropriate to make a reference to a gig?

It felt strange to experience dependencies with web pages from Facebook or Google - aren't those the places where Scammers and Fakes are coming from?

My first impression after I found my own gig at the Buyers section is that I need a new background image for the gig.

Copy and Paste of URL/Links into this forum is not yet working to my satisfaction.

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/business/financial-consulting-services/personal-finance-wealth-management?filter=new&ref=seller_location%3ACH

Inserting a URL in the code section might be better. Then you know what you are going to click on.

In location CH one other person published a gig. Lets find out, if the other person ever found a client in here.

Globally, I wonder, are there more Sellers or more Buyers on this platform?

That's it for the moment.

• Like 17
  • Up 1

No offers from Austria - maybe an opportunity ?

One offer from Germany - the guy signed up in July.

Maybe fiverr is not the best place for services around personal finance / wealth management hosted by European locations ....

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, jungmat said:

Globally, I wonder, are there more Sellers or more Buyers on this platform?

I think more buyers. Fiverr has said there are 4.2 million active buyers on Fiverr in Q2 2023. There's probably less than a million active sellers but they haven't given a recent figure. Some sites say millions but they're probably incorrect and giving buyer counts.

In Fiverr's SEC filing in 2019 they said:

over 5.5 million buyers and more than 830,000 sellers on our platform

so at that point there were a lot more buyers than sellers on Fiverr so it's still probably the case (eg. Fiverr has made it harder to become a seller now, with more checks).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, jungmat said:

Yesterday I signed up with fiverr. Don't know yet what to expect.
From the viewpoint of NYSE fiverr was a hype that came down.

I am curious to find out who takes it as a serious source of income or as a place to spend money on and how the billing/accounting/invoice system is expected to work.

Also how fiverr intends to make money with this. Getting a commission for each transaction?
Is it appropriate to make a reference to a gig?

Hey man! Welcome to Fiverr

I think there are a lot of people who are using Fiverr as their primary source of income, especially after they have been using it for a while and they constantly get good reviews on their gigs. 

Fiver business model is very simple. Matching the buyer asking with the seller offering, and getting a commission on both ends. Also, they would allow experienced sellers to advertise their gig through the platform, which generates extra revenue. 

Also, since there is a delay between the time the buyer pays and the seller gets the funds, probably they are using this money to leverage other investments (like PayPal does with funds on hold) and that is another stream of income. 

Overall, I would assume it to be a profitable business

From the seller side, you could also offer services that other people are offering, and profiting from the spread. Even though it may sound like a lot more work, people do this a lot. 

I'm also new to fiver, but I have been running several businesses in the past years and just now exploring this as a new source of income. I take time to reply to as many comments as possible (without using chatgpt like most people do) just to get to know people better! 

I wish you a wonderful day and again welcome to Fiverr

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

Thanks for the warm welcome in the forum.

I noticed at some topics like Wordpress Optimization there are hundreds of talents offering gigs. I just hope for them that thousands of people are hitting the purchase link.

In the world of finance, especially Switzerland, most elements are regulated. While I can talk about stocks, all forms of brokerage, social trading, shared trading is probably a no go within fiverr.

I am not a newbie in Switzerland, neither in the profession, just on this web page.

I am going to launch a second gig where I am selling Analysis.

But first I have to learn optimizing the first gig. Some pictures and text elements requires a review/update.

• Like 12

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

it was a pleasure having been a member for a couple of months where I earned a Fiver, and was about to pocket in the next 5 Bucks.

But as I cannot support the mobile based - ID verification process - I am going to drop out of this venture.

It is my policy not to share ID cards with social media companies like fiverr and its unknown 3rd parties.

I think I obtained a better understanding of how fiverr works and intends to make some money.

The next quarterly numbers are coming on 9th November.

https://investors.fiverr.com/financials/quarterly-results

I am looking forward to process them.

Best regard Jungmat / Matjung

• Like 6
  • Confused 1