Client ordered but never followed up

stujanis

I have a gig where I proofread and edit PowerPoint presentations. A buyer placed an order but never gave me the file to edit. The order says that the buyer "sent the requirements" because they answered some questions that are required when placing the order, but again never sent a file. I've sent a couple of follow-up messages and gotten no response, and I requested an extended delivery date, which was auto-accepted when the buyer didn't respond.

Can I cancel the order without being penalized? Do I do it through the Resolution Center or do I need to contact support? Should I list the reason as "Buyer not responding" or "Buyer has not provided order requirements"?

Edited by stujanis
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, stujanis said:

Can I cancel the order without being penalized? Do I do it through the Resolution Center or do I need to contact support? Should I list the reason as "Buyer not responding" or "Buyer has not provided order requirements"?

I have canceled orders like this and CS adjusted my order completion rate after they confirmed that the buyer didn't provide any requirements and was nonresponsive. Submit a help desk ticket to have the order canceled with "Buyer has not provided order requirements" as the reason. Attach screenshots to your help desk ticket to prove your point.

• Like 6