Block User from Placing Orders

You can currently block users entirely.

However, you can’t block specific users from placing orders. 

I have had some HORROR clients, that I would like to prevent from ordering with me ever again. However, I wouldn’t want to block them entirely as I don’t want to cut off their communication to me.

Therefore, I suggest that you have an option to prevent a user from ordering with you again, without fully blocking them. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, khalifacyrusuk said:

I have had some HORROR clients, that I would like to prevent from ordering with me ever again. However, I wouldn’t want to block them entirely as I don’t want to cut off their communication to me.

Why? Why on earth would you still want to talk to these people?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, khalifacyrusuk said:

I wouldn’t want to block them entirely as I don’t want to cut off their communication to me.

Fiverr is an online marketplace for freelance services, not a chit-chat hub like Omegle. If you don't want to sell your services to a client, what kind of interaction do you want to have with them?.... just curious to know!

Other people try to run away from clients who are annoying but for the first time I am seeing someone who wants to bump his head into those scary clients.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, terrygrantvo said:

Why? Why on earth would you still want to talk to these people?

12 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

Fiverr is an online marketplace for freelance services, not a chit-chat hub like Omegle. If you don't want to sell your services to a client, what kind of interaction do you want to have with them?.... just curious to know!

Other people try to run away from clients who are annoying but for the first time I am seeing someone who wants to bump his head into those scary clients.

Haha - great points.

I think my purpose was that if the client had any issues with the order, it might look like I've just been trying to avoid them!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, khalifacyrusuk said:

Haha - great points.

I think my purpose was that if the client had any issues with the order, it might look like I've just been trying to avoid them!

But you are trying to avoid them, and for good reason it seems. That's the whole point of blocking someone.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, terrygrantvo said:

But you are trying to avoid them, and for good reason it seems. That's the whole point of blocking someone.

Yeah, I don't mess around, I just block and move on. Life is too short to deal with constant pressure and bad people. Just move on. Then again, maybe that's just me. But it worked well an honestly, it doesn't waste any person's time either, the buyer can easily find someone else. 

• Like 7

On 8/22/2023 at 5:20 PM, khalifacyrusuk said:

I think my purpose was that if the client had any issues with the order

I think it’s great how considerate you are being of your clients’ needs.

Personally, I’d just block them once the order is complete. That way, they’ve had ample chance to raise any issues. If they discover any real problems beyond that, they could always contact support.

It’s always nice to have more features and options at one’s disposal but I don’t think I’d ever use this myself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2023 at 9:19 AM, charlsmcfarlane said:

I think it’s great how considerate you are being of your clients’ needs.

Personally, I’d just block them once the order is complete. That way, they’ve had ample chance to raise any issues. If they discover any real problems beyond that, they could always contact support.

It’s always nice to have more features and options at one’s disposal but I don’t think I’d ever use this myself.

That's fair - I guess it's just scary when customer support contact me! I worry about getting warnings etc., when actually I'm not in the wrong!

You're right though - probably not a necessary feature.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1