AI & ChatGPT having an effect?

principalmike

I offer resume and letter writing services and over the past 6 weeks my orders have gone from an average of 20 per week to 4 per week. Nothing at all for the past few days. I've been doing this for years, so I know all about the usual ups and downs etc. This sustained and it's definitely different. After a lot of research I've concluded that it's due to tools such as ChatGPT, meaning people simply aren't placing orders. I'm struggling to see a way around this. Anyone else experiencing this? 

• Like 6

• 11 months later...

I've noticed a similar trend in the past few months, and it's definitely concerning. The rise of AI tools like ChatGPT has made it easier for many to create their own resumes and cover letters, reducing the need for professional services. However, I believe there's still a market for personalized and tailored writing that AI can't fully replicate.

One potential strategy might be to emphasize the unique value you bring, such as industry-specific expertise, nuanced language skills, and the ability to craft compelling narratives that truly reflect a client's strengths. Perhaps offering services like detailed consultations or package deals that include personalized coaching on interview techniques could also add value that AI can't provide.

It's a challenging shift, but I think focusing on what makes your services unique and irreplaceable could help mitigate the impact. Has anyone else found ways to adapt to this change?

• Like 3