How to reduce placed order price?

amanat4

Question

9 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, amanat4 said:

a client placed an order. and now want 20usd discount. so how i can reduce 20usd fro the placed order price

Orders can be partially refunded if they meet specific criteria. You can check whether you are getting the 'Partial Refund' option by visiting the Resolution Center. If you're not getting any option then it means that your order can not be partially refunded.

Why the buyer is asking for a discount after an order is placed? Didn't you discuss pricing with the buyer first?

• Like 9
  • Up 2

14 minutes ago, amanat4 said:

its an auto placed order.

Stand your ground and learn to say 'NO'. You are under no obligation to provide any discount to the buyers.

Otherwise, there's only one work around. Contact customer support, cancel your current order and place a new order (with the discounted price).

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, amanat4 said:

a client placed an order. and now want 20usd discount. so how i can reduce 20usd fro the placed order price

Why would you?  People who ask for discounts are going to be a pain in the arse all the way through. Decline the discount.  

• Like 9

Buyers can order the wrong gig or package.If this is the case, then cancel your current gig and create a custom offer with a reduced price.If the buyer orders a gig within 14 days of order cancellation , it doesn't affect your order cancellation. - https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/12864193979793-Cancellations

On the other hand, the buyer is forcing you to do the same work at a discounted rate. Don't agree 

• Like 9

Thank you to all of them. 
I got the solution.

I asked the buyer to accept one more custom order with a discounted price, which he did. and completed the order.
then I opened a ticket with the Fiverr support team to cancel that old order. so the team canceled that order and refunded the amount to the buyer's account. and this way my order completion rate also did not affect. 

may this reply will help you in the future.

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1

On 8/18/2023 at 8:57 PM, newsmike said:

Why would you?  People who ask for discounts are going to be a pain in the arse all the way through. Decline the discount.  

Hello @newsmike You're absolutely right, but it's possible that by doing so, the buyer might give it a lower rating. In such a situation, what should be done?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mrubaid820 said:

Hello @newsmike You're absolutely right, but it's possible that by doing so, the buyer might give it a lower rating. In such a situation, what should be done?

Faced with the choice of getting a low rating or being blackmailed into working for a jerk at below rate is an easy choice. I would just say no.  You could also cancel, but I would just say no. People have to stop treating the idea that they may bet a bad review with terminal cancer.  It happens. Don't let it force you to be a doormat.  

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1