How can I get more orders?

mahir_labib007

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @mahir_labib007 The Only Suggestion I can give is to "Analyze your Competition".

You are a new seller so You might want to keep your prices lower than the High Level Sellers. It is not good to Undervalue your Services but As a new Seller Sometimes we just have to make a lil bit sacrifices.

When a Buyer Searches for a service then there are chances that he may stuck at your gig. Then he will search for Credibility and they check that Mostly in 3 ways :-
1. Seller Level
2. Rating and Recent Orders Portfolio
3. Your Gig Itself (Your Pricing, Images, Videos and Description etc)

As you new seller you got Only Third Point to prove in front of Buyer. So If you don't want to sacrifice then you will have to work on you Gig Gallery, Description, Pricing and establish yourself as a Professional.

Suppose you are a Buyer and you need a Service in Budget on $50, There are two Options in same budget -

1. A New Seller with 0 or less than 5 Reviews
2. A Level 1/2 Seller with 50 or More Reviews
Who would you chose?

Analyze the Competition and Manage your Pricing Accordingly but don't just drop it from $75 to $5

Hope you got my Point

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I am not so much in favour of lower prices, having worked in industry I know that even a small task as adding basic google maps can cost the client up to $1000 in expenditure, IT companies charge a fortune, compare that to prices here, its almost too low … I know as a new seller the temptation is to get few early good reviews, but if you keep cost too low , it creates a sense of desperation that should be avoided, a skilled person will find opportunities sooner or later …

So do not reduce prices , experimenting with gigs its the best way ahead ...

• Like 9

On 8/27/2023 at 11:23 AM, bot_effects said:

Hey @mahir_labib007 The Only Suggestion I can give is to "Analyze your Competition".

You are a new seller so You might want to keep your prices lower than the High Level Sellers. It is not good to Undervalue your Services but As a new Seller Sometimes we just have to make a lil bit sacrifices.

When a Buyer Searches for a service then there are chances that he may stuck at your gig. Then he will search for Credibility and they check that Mostly in 3 ways :-
1. Seller Level
2. Rating and Recent Orders Portfolio
3. Your Gig Itself (Your Pricing, Images, Videos and Description etc)

As you new seller you got Only Third Point to prove in front of Buyer. So If you don't want to sacrifice then you will have to work on you Gig Gallery, Description, Pricing and establish yourself as a Professional.

Suppose you are a Buyer and you need a Service in Budget on $50, There are two Options in same budget -

1. A New Seller with 0 or less than 5 Reviews
2. A Level 1/2 Seller with 50 or More Reviews
Who would you chose?

Analyze the Competition and Manage your Pricing Accordingly but don't just drop it from $75 to $5

Hope you got my Point

Yes, I completely understand your points.
Thanks for sharing your valuable pieces of information and in-detail breakdowns. I really, appreciate it!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2023 at 12:53 PM, filipdevaere said:

You are disappearing from the search results because your performance is bad. You received 4 reviews in 1 year. 

So why should Fiverr keep you in the search results? 

that seems fair, but how about a freelancer who work on bigger order or milestone because in the end it count just one order. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, mas_gamez said:

that seems fair, but how about a freelancer who work on bigger order or milestone because in the end it count just one order. 

I am very sure that the gig price plays an important role in the algorithm.
The OP got 4 reviews on a gig with a starting price of $20. Of course, Fiverr has earned very little from this. This certainly does not outweigh a 1 large order.

• Like 6

On 10/24/2023 at 10:41 AM, mas_gamez said:

but how about a freelancer who work on bigger order or milestone because in the end it count just one order. 

I get a better boost in visibility when I'm delivering regularly, or as @filipdevaere mentioned, the price point is good. I did have an order that kept getting pushed out because of the buyer's schedule (e.g., surgery, 8-week long summer vacation, etc.) which lasted for 5 months, and I didn't have as many inquiries as I did when I was delivering more frequently.

However, I often have big orders on my curriculum-building gig that don't affect my visibility in search because they are priced high, so it doesn't matter if it takes me longer than a month to deliver. 

• Like 17
  • Up 1

26 minutes ago, mahir_labib007 said:

I believe in my high-quality work (all 5-star).
So, I am charging $15-$20 higher than new freelancers in that specific category. 

Is it the reason I am not getting any orders?
...............[ Expert opinion, please! ].................

profile: https://www.fiverr.com/mahir_labib007

Thanks

The reason is not really about the price you set. But more likely about your performance. That's why you get less order.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

On 10/27/2023 at 10:50 AM, mahir_labib007 said:

I believe in my high-quality work (all 5-star).

@mahir_labib007, it is good that you believe in the quality of your work; however, what is important is that your potential buyers believe your services are worth the price you charge. I looked at your four reviews, and they did not convince me that your services are worth the cost.

Your two most recent reviews are what I question. The review from 3 months ago was extremely complimentary—almost too much so—about the quality of your work. It said: "My website had a very bad virus that almost no one could fix until I got in touch with Mahir. He removed the virus, added security layers, and protected my site from future attacks and malware."

However, the same user came back one month later and left yet another glowing review exalting your work and said: "He removed a virus and hacking from my website, fixed the Google malware that kept popping up, and added more protection to my business. "

If you eliminated the virus three months ago and "added security layers to protect the buyer's site from future attacks and malware," why did the buyer need help removing another virus and Google malware just one month later?

• Like 18

22 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

@mahir_labib007, it is good that you believe in the quality of your work; however, what is important is that your potential buyers believe your services are worth the price you charge. I looked at your four reviews, and they did not convince me that your services are worth the cost.

Your two most recent reviews are what I question.  The review from 3 months ago was extremely complimentary—almost too much so—about the quality of your work. It said: My website had a very bad virus that almost no one could fix until I got in touch with Mahir. He removed the virus, added security layers, and protected my site from future attacks and malware.

However, the same user came back one month later and left yet another glowing review exalting your work and said: He removed a virus and hacking from my website, fixed the Google malware that kept popping up, and added more protection to my business. 

If you eliminated the virus three months ago and "added security layers to protect the buyer's site from future attacks and malware," why did the buyer need help removing another virus and Google malware just one month later?

Thanks for the insight! I understood your valuable point but the actual reason for that is - that her developer made some changes to the website without considering my instructions for safety, so the website got compromised again. 

Maybe it's my bad luck that nothing has been working for me from last 2 years!

Thanks again.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1