How do I report being scammed on Fiverr?

joewood1a

Question

6 answers to this question

1 minute ago, joewood1a said:

I paid a guy a $30 'donation' by paypal using my bank debit card. Paypal can't help me and neither can my bank.

how do I report this to Fivrr?

You are in a tight spot. You broke TOS by directing payment outside of Fiverr, so even though you were scammed, it happened while you were violating Fiverr TOS as well. If you report to Fiverr will most likely get you account banned.  I'd call it a $30 lesson, and whistle past the graveyard.

Never pay for side deals.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, joewood1a said:

Will I positively get banned?

Almost certainly, the thing they are the most sensitive about is communication and payments outside Fiverr because they lose their 20% commission, so they view it a fraud. They usually suspend your account and allow you to finish any work you have going while they review, then they let you know their final decision.  But again, this is probably the most serious thing you can do to get banned along with having more than 1 Fiverr account. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

I'd just let it go, Fiverr obviously can't help you get your money back. You can report the seller for accepting payment outside Fiverr (for you to be able to pay him via PayPal, he had to give you their address, which was a major mistake on his part), and he'll get banned for sure.

As for your account... You're not a seller, you're a buyer. If you are banned, it's not like you're losing any money or business over it. Obviously buyers also have to respect the TOS, but someone who runs a business here is under much tighter scrutiny than someone who is putting money into the system, for obvious reasons. A seller is expected to have much more experience, and to actually read the full TOS, since they're here for the long run, making money, etc. Buyers ideally would do the same, but we all know how these things go. It can still happen though (being banned as a buyer), so if you want to report the seller I'd just wait until you close the orders you have open before doing so, just in case.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 5