Also new- cannot figure much out!

megs24

Hi @megs24, When you click on your profile icon in the top-right corner of your screen a dropdown will show up. If there is a button that says "Switch to Buying" that means you are in seller mode. Once in buyer mode, you'll see the words "Switch to Selling" right next to your profile icon.

To check if your gig is active, visit this link here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/gigs/gig-status

Click on each gig to see if they are active. If so, they will be visible in search when buyers search for your gigs (and note: since you are not your buyer, you might not see yourself in search).

• Like 7

Thanks for trying to help.  I went to the link and it shows 3 active gigs, but no one can find them when searching on fiverr and that is why I was wondering if it is the seller mode.   I have done buyer & seller mode so many times I cannot count, but when I am on seller, there is no "SELLER MODE ON" button like all the help articles.  Ugh I almost give up!

Edited by megs24
tried link again
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, megs24 said:

Hi everyone!
I'm usually good at computer stuff.   I have had fiverr for years, trying to sell now.  There is no seller mode shown on mine (I'm on a desktop and tried different browsers too), so I don't know how to start.  I did make a gig & published it, but I cannot find it when searching.   Can anyone help me?  I dont see a customer support # or a chat thing!  Thank you

Question for you: When did you publish your gig?

Edited by smartdezigns
Updated Content
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, megs24 said:

it actually said published

I don't see any gigs on your profile.

7 minutes ago, megs24 said:

but all the tips I am seeing show the screen different

Can you send a screenshot of what you're seeing and what the tips are suggesting (so we can see what's different)?

The mobile view has a toggle button for seller/buyer mode, but the desktop doesn't.

• Like 5

I give up.  They need real customer support for this webiste.  thanks anyway.  i am done trying because if this is how the seller side is (been doing buyer side atleast 7 years), then I dont want to deal w/it it is beyond ridiculously hard.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, megs24 said:

Well I never said I was on my own profile 

If you don't let people know the user name of the account that you are using then it's hard for them to check the gigs to see if they are active. It might be that it takes a certain amount of time for them to get shown in the search results (eg. maybe more than an hour).

Also be careful about the Fiverr TOS (eg. the section on multiple accounts) as normally you're only supposed to have one.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

Also be careful about the Fiverr TOS (eg. the section on multiple accounts) as normally you're only supposed to have one.

6 minutes ago, megs24 said:

been doing buyer side atleast 7 years

@megs24 - If you have a buyer account already, you can click on your profile picture and select the option to become a seller. 

• Like 8