Does Fiverr really CARES ?

nazmul_8039

Question

Hi, this is Nazmul. I am working on Fiverr as freelance Web and Mobile App developer.

2 week ago Fiverr customer support cancelled one of my completed order after 10 days without any cause! which was a 750$ order for a mobile app that I build with React Native both for iOS and Android platform. 

And today Fiverr customer support cancelled another order where I fixed all the issues of a ChatGPT integrated Assistant Chat Bot and fulfilled all my buyers requirements. The order was about 250$, just before I send him a custom offer for that he requested to send him a 100$ offer first and after completing the order he will place the rest of 150$ order, I checked his profile, he had a new account on Fiverr, I thought he might have some trust issues, so I accepted what he was asking.

But Now I am having trust issues!

If this game is going on and on, it will be hard to work in this market place and the people will count Fiverr as a scamming market place where freelancers work so hard for money and Fiverr support just get their order cancelled after getting the final delivery without any reason even after 10 days of completing an order.  

To sum up, Fiverr support doesn't care about their freelancers by whom they earn money and Fiverr is not fair anymore.

RESPECT THE HARD WORK AND EFFORT, don't just use peoples to get your job done and take away their money! 

• Like 6

4 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, newsmike said:

They never, ever cancel an order without a cause. What actually happened? 

The order was completed, 10 days later, suddenly got a notification your order cancelled ! 
Support team said that buyer has raised their concern and we cancelled your order because it SEEMS that not all of the agreed work has been provided ! (While everything already perfectly provided after testing the app more than 1000 times).

BTW he was my repeat buyer, now we have no contact. 

• Like 5

Just now, nazmul_8039 said:

not all of the agreed work has been provided !

There you go. Fiverr loses money just as you do when they have to cancel an order, therefore they do not like to cancel. However, the TOS states that if you do not provide what you sere supposed to, then the buyer has the right to cancel. Your problem is that once Fiverr reviewed the claims of the buyer, and what you delivered, they determined that you did not fulfill 100% of what was required. 

That is a different story. You should work on your service and quality of deliverables, and BTW, the 2nd order, in which you delivered without full payment is not the way Fiverr is supposed to work. The sure sign of a scammer is someone who promises to pay the rest later.

I know these are unfortunate, but learn from them and adjust how you work. But to claim that this happened for no reason, and that Fiverr is unfair is just not true.    

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

This type of cancellation happened to me for a really small order but it was bank related issue so I was refunded the amount. 

If you have proof that you completed the requirements for the order which I hope you broke it down on the custom offer description or better if you select a gig package, Let CS know about that and hopefully, you might get refunded

But if that’s not the case then better to leave it as is and grow from this experience.

• Like 5
  • Up 1