Who's was your most famous client?

khalifacyrusuk

Trick question.

I treat EVERY one of my clients as if they were the most famous, best client in the world.

Even the bad ones.

I think (and I come from the retail world) when you start to categorize clients related to their fame or fortune, you start to forget why you are in business. You are supposed to provide a service and treat every customer fairly with respect so that they walk away feeling as if they had the best experience in their lives.

Doing this generates new business (people talk), repeat business (they like you and want more), and loyalty.

So...I don't care who is my most famous or richest client is.

I just want to make them happy, even if they are cranky or a pain in the butt.

Just my take on the situation. It is cool that you've worked with some big labels. That's good stuff for a resume, but that's about it.

Edited by looseink
  • Like 35
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, looseink said:

Trick question.

I treat EVERY one of my clients as if they were the most famous, best client in the world.

Even the bad ones.

I think (and I come from the retail world) when you start to categorize clients related to their fame or fortune, you start to forget why you are in business. You are supposed to provide a service and treat every customer fairly with respect so that they walk away feeling as if they had the best experience in their lives.

Doing this generates new business (people talk), repeat business (they like you and want more), and loyalty.

So...I don't care who is my most famous or richest client is.

I just want to make them happy, even if they are cranky or a pain in the butt.

Just my take on the situation. It is cool that you've worked with some big labels. That's good stuff for a resume, but that's about it.

Give me a break 🥴 🤣

• Like 14
  • Haha 2
  • Up 4

29 minutes ago, khalifacyrusuk said:

Give me a break 🥴 🤣

Says the dude bragging about working with Universal.

I agree with @looseink, every client is important. I don't differentiate, I always try to deliverr my best work and honestly that's the healthiest approach you can have when it comes to freelancing. Congrats on the Universal gig.

• Like 25
  • Haha 3
  • Up 3

25 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I agree with @looseink, every client is important. I don't differentiate, I always try to deliverr my best work and honestly that's the healthiest approach you can have when it comes to freelancing. Congrats on the Universal gig.

The 2 points are not at odds with each other. My most famous client is National Geographic, but Joe's plumbing gets the same quality service and product, exactly.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 30
  • Up 4

One thing is treating every client well, which as a seller you definitely should do. A very different thing is not being aware of who the client is. It's disingenuous to pretend not to see it.

Anyway, to reply to the op, "fame" is relative and can be hard to assess. Famous where, famous to whom? Certain brands/people will be very famous in certain countries, but not others, or in certain demographics but not others. I've worked with some very recognisable brands, but it can be hard to compare.

However, since we're on Fiverr, every single buyer and seller on the platform will be aware of what Fiverr is, so my most "famous" client in this context has to be Fiverr itself, pretty much by definition.

If you're referring to personal fame, so no brands, I don't think I've worked for any particularly famous individuals - but my work is more geared towards corporate, so that's to be expected.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 21
  • Up 4

On 8/13/2023 at 4:15 AM, khalifacyrusuk said:

Who's the most famous person that you've done a Fiverr order for?

I do not think I have worked with any famous person. However, I went to a small-town baseball game last night. The game was between the local theatre actors and the "townies". JK Simmons was there to play for the actors. After the game, my 9-year-old grandson was excited to have JK pitch to him, and the boy got three hits out of three pitches.

Screenshot2023-08-14at5_52_14PM.thumb.png.2c803b5820cca796810981a837e9f2e9.png   

• Like 25
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I probably wouldn't recognize a famous person's name unless they were HUGE, and I really don't work with that type of client (I would if they approached me!). I've worked for a wide variety of interesting people/brands that I'm sure some people recognize: popular music festivals, models/actors, authors, the winner of a prestigious Australian hat award, etc. I also work for a lot of neighborhood plumbers, doctor's offices, ecommerce brands, who are definitely not household names outside their own local sphere of influence. They all get the best work I can provide.

• Like 18
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, melanielm said:

I probably wouldn't recognize a famous person's name

I did not recognize JK Simmon's name, but I did recognize his face when I saw him. So, I may have worked with a famous person and not known it. I did proofread the website for the creators of the Hoarder series on A&E.

• Like 18
  • Up 1

On 8/14/2023 at 10:43 PM, donnovan86 said:

The post was just a bit of fun - every order gets treated the same.

Edited by khalifacyrusuk
  • Like 12
  • Up 4

Yeah every client is famous they reach out to us for quality work and we do . BBC maybe not directly come to me but one of famous journalist did worked with me already maybe so many like him i have worked with .

Recently I got a awesome review from a client FH AK you , even though he got his work done cause I didn't agree unusual some unusual work. It hurts even though he is famous to me as flat as BBC. 😊

• Like 14
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...