Big jobs (aka Fiverr can take a bit out of elance)

Hi Folks,

I have 5 rather large translation jobs, each of which would cost in the $500-$1500 range. I’ve found people that I like on Fiverr. I’d like to have them do the work. But Fiverr isnt (as far as I can tell) isnt set up to allow me to pay for these larger jobs (like, booking 86 gigs at $5 each). If you did this, you’d be able to directly compete with elance and similar sites. Can you please make a ‘catch all’ unlimited quantity of gigs option or (even better) a user-specified dollar amount for a gig? If you just had that option, it would make things so much easier…

Thanks…

So how about opening up Custom Quote for non TRS folks? The person I want to contract is a level 2 now and (if cumulative dollar value figures into the TRS metric), I’m sure my gigs would put people over the top into TRS category.

But more generally, in other forum entries I see people asking similar questions, such as why they cant buy a quantity of certain gigs at different prices.

(I’ve got 5 different languages to translate with a ~70k word website and having to do multiple gigs per person per language is really making it hard to do this work via Fiverr)

Reply to @kjblynx: I had heard claims that it might trickle down to other level sellers but i’m a little skeptical on that one. I may actually pop a message to Fiverr to find out, though! At least… if they ever get back to me on my technical issue from 2+ months ago.

Reply to @kevinmontgomery: What I actually do for clients wanting to exceed a certain spending limit is open up a custom SEO gig, and with it there will be four segments, each valued at $40 each.

40, 80, 120, 160.

If you ordered 4 of those gig extras in that gig, that can add up a LOT quicker for more bulk orders & you should then only have to buy a few from the user you’re interested in purchasing from, 🙂

Yeah, I guess a $5, $10, $20, $50, $100, $500, $1000… would cover all denominations, right? For the gigs above, most people are coming in at the ~$480 to $1200 range. But that’s a good idea. (except wait- their interface still doesnt let you order x of one type and y of another type… argh!)

Archived