Partial refund option.

alexfun

Question

Hello everyone, I trust you're all well. Fiverr has recently introduced a feature that allows sellers to provide partial refunds, enabling them to refund a portion of the initial order amount. This new feature is quite advantageous, especially considering that I've encountered situations in the past where I had to refund the entire order amount even though the client only requested a partial refund. In my opinion, this option proves to be beneficial for us. I'm curious about your thoughts and experiences regarding this update. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Up 4

7 answers to this question

What's the point of posting this ChatGPT-generated content on the forum? Being active on the forum WON'T help you get orders. You are simply wasting your time and breaking forum rules by spamming ChatGPT-generated content.

Edited by rahulkajla1
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2

I was curious to know the opinion of my fellow users. I do not expect to get more orders from here. This is forum for all of us and it is my right to use it. This is no spam or anything against forum rules. I had a simple question that i asked. Please avoid taking the discussion to negative direction. I just wanted to know opinion of people here. 

• Like 8
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, alexfun said:

I'm curious about your thoughts and experiences regarding this update. 

I find this feature really useful!

So far I used it with a client that orders hours from me each week (but sometimes doesn't use all the hours, so I have to wait until the next week to get paid for work that I already delivered in the order chats). So this allows me to get paid only for the hours that I worked that week and I also get to make a proper delivery (instead of in the order chats).

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, alexfun said:

Hello everyone, I trust you're all well. Fiverr has recently introduced a feature that allows sellers to provide partial refunds, enabling them to refund a portion of the initial order amount. This new feature is quite advantageous, especially considering that I've encountered situations in the past where I had to refund the entire order amount even though the client only requested a partial refund. In my opinion, this option proves to be beneficial for us. I'm curious about your thoughts and experiences regarding this update. 

Screenshot2023-08-08at7_42_24PM.thumb.png.6bd6bfa165391927fe2ac7bc8e36a79a.png

3 hours ago, alexfun said:

This is no spam or anything against forum rules.

Actually, if you read the Forum Rules, you will find that any AI-Generated post is against the rules. 

Rule # 8 says: Post original material that is not AI-generated. 

3 hours ago, alexfun said:

This is forum for all of us and it is my right to use it.

What you say is true, but it is also true that all users must follow the rules or risk the possibility of their posts being deleted. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3
  • Up 1

I respect the forum rules, but this topic is not Ai generated. I got notification about partial refund option so i had a question in my mind which i simply asked here. This question was generated in my mind. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

41 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Actually, if you read the Forum Rules, you will find that any AI-Generated post is against the rules. 

Rule # 8 says: Post original material that is not AI-generated. 

What you say is true, but it is also true that all users must follow the rules or risk the possibility of their posts being deleted. 

I think people who haven't had the experience of actively trying to communicate in a different language (other than their native tongue) don't quite understand how helpful generative AI has been recently for being able to get one's thoughts across clearly...

... or how unhelpful rules that paint its usage with a broad brush 🎨 might be. 

Those of us born in the US I think are particularly vulnerable to thinking that blindly enforcing this rule (without any exceptions) makes even a modicum of sense, especially since we live in a pretty isolated part of the world where almost everyone we encounter has a proficient command of the English language and native speakers are generally not expected to become fluent in any other languages.

If you ask me, a change to the rules to allow for exceptions to generative AI usage in the case of translating one's forum posts (for non-malicious purposes) would probably be helpful... especially for sellers not offering writing/translation services for any of said languages (as in the case of OP).

Edited by themarineiguana
  • Like 9

I asked the support about this thing because the seller doesn't deliver in full so I want to give part of the order to him and take a part but so far the customer support didn't help any much in that

any recommendations please to make this kind of issues solved more easily ?

• Like 2