Cancellation Ratio on Gig

edwardsands

My gig cancellation ratio is at 25%.What should I to reduce the 25% cancellation rate.I use to get like 1 or 2 orders a day but since the cancellation ratio started showing on my gig I hardly get orders.Most of the cancellation was when I was offering to write 2 x500 word article.I couldn’t complete the articles on time and had to cancel.Now it’s affecting me.Please what should I do?

Sheriff’s Note: Moved.

I would suggest changing the number of days to complete to something more manageable. There are a number of gigs I have that have so many variables that one can not possibly say what they can do for $5 without having all the facts of what is required.

For example, video editing eg they might want a 3 min video, but if I have to dig through an hour of footage to make that video? Are the videos in multiple files? Do I need to convert them to be able to run them through my editing software? Do they want titles and special effects as well? I can’t possibly do all that for $5 - just an example, there are many more.

I do gigs with way too many variables like websites/updates/writing. I don’t want a buyer to buy a gig and argue about it later. I have highlighted contact me first before buying. My tendency has been to say to the buyers don’t buy the gigs until you have seen what I have done and you are happy you can then buy the gigs. I quote them the number of gigs upfront as soon as I know what they have given me to work with, and if they agree they just purchase the gigs after they have seen the item. It’s worked great so far!

I also, I change the days to complete on my gigs dependent on how much work I have at the time.

Archived