Seeking Advice on Dealing with a Client Situation

oussamayahiaoui

Hello,

I completed the initial phase of a project with two milestones, and the client expressed satisfaction. Unexpectedly, I had to communicate my inability to proceed with the second phase before concluding the first, aiming for transparency. The client requested a discount on the first milestone to hire another designer for the second. I politely declined, despite her persistence. She initiated a project cancellation, even though the delivered work met her satisfaction, as noted in her messages. I logically declined and requested payment. Now, I'm waiting.

Any advice for handling situations like this?

• Like 10

Can you tell us a bit more about the project? How were these milestones divided? Why can't you proceed with the second milestone? Why did you deliver the first milestone if you knew that you wouldn't be able to work on the second milestone? I am asking all these questions because there have been some sellers who are misusing the milestones to get paid for the "easy part" of the project and then decline to proceed with the project.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The main focus for the client was on the first milestone, a month-long task. I initially set a July deadline, but the client requested multiple late revisions. They were absent for around 4 to 5 days on several occasions after my delivery and then circled back to ask for revisions. Despite my patience, the project went beyond our agreed deadline, affecting my personal commitments that were aligned with the end-of-July timeline which was the reason for not being able to continue working on the second part.

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, oussamayahiaoui said:

Hello,

I completed the initial phase of a project with two milestones, and the client expressed satisfaction. Unexpectedly, I had to communicate my inability to proceed with the second phase before concluding the first, aiming for transparency. The client requested a discount on the first milestone to hire another designer for the second. I politely declined, despite her persistence. She initiated a project cancellation, even though the delivered work met her satisfaction, as noted in her messages. I logically declined and requested payment. Now, I'm waiting.

Any advice for handling situations like this?

You should immediately raise a ticket to the Fiverr Support team and tell them each and everything about the project and also submit the proof. They will definitely help you with this.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, oussamayahiaoui said:

The main focus for the client was on the first milestone, a month-long task. I initially set a July deadline, but the client requested multiple late revisions. They were absent for around 4 to 5 days on several occasions after my delivery and then circled back to ask for revisions.

Well, in that case, don't give a refund. If you've completed the work you promised and the buyer has approved it, the first milestone is not eligible for cancellation. You should explain this to the buyer, and you may also contact CS to share your side of the story so that they do not end up canceling the order (first milestone). When you contact CS, try to keep your message short and concise.

Edited by rahulkajla1
  • Like 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, rahulkajla1 said:

Well, in that case, don't give a refund. If you've completed the work you promised and the buyer has approved it, the first milestone is not eligible for cancellation. You should explain this to the buyer, and you may also contact CS to share your side of the story so that they do not end up canceling the order (first milestone). When you contact CS, try to keep your message short and concise.

Hello again, I have an update on my situation. Despite raising a ticket about the issue, I didn't receive any response from Fiverr (I didn't get any response in 12 hours), and the order was canceled by customer support just an hour ago. When I click on the reason for the order cancellation, it doesn't redirect me to any other page. Is there anything else I can do, or should I just move on and forget about it? Thank you.

This was truly disappointing for me, as I worked for about a month on this project without getting paid, and my order completion rate has been significantly impacted.

• Like 10