To what extent does pausing your gig harm your sales ?

the_civil_panda

Hello, I created two gigs in june of 2022 and then paused them from september 2022 and just reactivated them a few days ago and published a new gig. If I hadn't paused them for that long of a period could I have gotten orders ? maybe by chance or luck , or maybe Fiverr boosted new sellers during that period and I missed out. The reason I paused them is because I'm a college student and there's a LOT of work to be done during the school year. I'm debating whether I should keep the gigs up for this upcoming year or not. My main concern is that If I get an order during the school year, a lot would follow and I wouldn't be able to keep up and properly focus on my studies.  Is there anyone here with experience who could tell me if after the first order, more orders start coming in or not. I'm open to suggestions from everyone. Thank you!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, algenonjet said:

Focus on your studies and use the opportunity to see if or when there is time for the orders. Maybe create a timetable so you can allocate specific hours to an order and still be able to manage your studies. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice, I think it may be wise to give it a shot. would actually be a good plan to pause the two gigs that require a lot of time and keep the one that I can work on the  fastest. thanks again, cheers

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, the_civil_panda said:

then paused them from september 2022 and just reactivated them a few days ago

well it's almost a year... so your gigs are probably not close to the first page in your category, it's completely normal . On the other hand it seems that you have 0 reviews so... why would it matter at this point ? 

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, the_civil_panda said:

I'm debating whether I should keep the gigs up for this upcoming year or not. My main concern is that If I get an order during the school year, a lot would follow and I wouldn't be able to keep up and properly focus on my studies. 

You could set a low maximum number of orders in the queue for each gig (though there's no overall max that can be set for all gigs). You could also increase the nr of delivery days in the gig set up or go out of office / pause gigs if you start getting the max orders you can handle.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1