Understanding how being online on fiverr works

nudders

Hey, so I've come to realisation that being on the Fiverr website can help you gain more impressions because of how clients interact with fiverr. Now i have a few questions about what is meant by being online.

I don't imagine that having a tab open of Fiverr would work. Instead, it would probably require some amount of activity at during an interval of time. So, I am wondering if there is any clarifying information regarding those two assumptions I have.

Also, is there a difference when on the seller's dashboard compared to being on the Fiverr site as a buyer? Its just that I've noticed a small difference when I go into the buyer side of Fiverr compared to being just on the dashboard.

Any help and precise information would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The assertion that simply being active contributes to your success is incorrect. Despite its frequent repetition in the forum, it's just not accurate. You should only be online when you're genuinely available and prepared to interact with potential buyers. 

There are no "simple tricks" to get more impressions or orders. The only way to get there is to do great work and impress your buyers. Your performance determines your success. Not your online status. 

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

41 minutes ago, smashradio said:

The assertion that simply being active contributes to your success is incorrect. Despite its frequent repetition in the forum, it's just not accurate. You should only be online when you're genuinely available and prepared to interact with potential buyers. 

There are no "simple tricks" to get more impressions or orders. The only way to get there is to do great work and impress your buyers. Your performance determines your success. Not your online status. 

How can someone achieve good performance without having any orders? Many people face difficulties with their first order. Producing excellent work definitely contributes to achieving a ranking. Nonetheless, for those without a ranking, securing work can be a challenging task. And I am also one of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From the way i see it, there is nothing on the backend of fiverr that results in a response that because of a seller is actively online they would bump the gig - so you are probably right. However, when clients are on the website they can very easily filter for online sellers. And if you ever turn that filter on, you can see that over 90% of the services are completely cut out, meaning theres a higher chance of someone running into your gig.

I have my 15 ratings with 5 stars, i have my orders and all. I don't believe the online status is just something to ignore at all. But again, being online does not guarantee work when you do not have an intriguing portfolio of work or thumbnail or terrible metadata. The online status just seems to be a great extra  step to take for this. And I have been seeing results in my gig impressions whenever I am online - i've been seeing massive spikes recently and it is only on the days i am online.

Just curious to see how that online status works.

(also the fact that using a tool to stay permanently online is against the TOS; i feel it is appropriate to suppose that there must be some sort of benefit to that type of manipulation which is being online 24/7).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, adeel_seos said:

How can someone achieve good performance without having any orders? Many people face difficulties with their first order.

As my esteemed colleague @smashradiosaid, there are no tricks. 

As for your question, Fiverr offers a major bump to the first search results page for newcomers. It's up to any new seller to create an appealing, interesting gig. Fiverr boosts your gig and offers exposure, but if you can't generate sales during that boosted time, then it's not Fiverr's fault. There are sellers with 0 sales near sellers with thousands, so you can't say Fiverr is unfair and they don't give you exposure. They give you, quite a lot of it. 

And again, you don't want to focus on ranking. Focus on ensuring that every customer has a great experience. There were a lot of sellers here complaining they have thousands of impressions and no sales. So, work on making your gig the best it can be, experiment and learn from mistakes. 

There's no trick to rank, other than hard work and committing to excellence in everything you do here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 3:11 AM, smashradio said:

Online status point is not particularly true for beginners. However, performance matters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am confused as to why people assume that I was saying that there will be more orders because of your online status. I know that not to be true. I never claimed that being online will guarantee more orders.

Quality is what garners orders 90% of the time. I completely agree with that.

That was not the discussion and should not be the discussion. I am more curious to know if having a tab open of fiverr would always result in you having that online status, or, would you need to interact with the site to continue your online status?

Lets put aside the other, "does this or does it not result in more orders".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1