A question for every Level Two, Level One and New Seller on Fiverr

sammalothra

I don’t Know, if you guys noticed the new search GIG feature which was included in the fiverr few days ago. In which buyer can easily sort a sellers based on Level, language and other features.

To be honest guys, ever since that feature is included in the site I have observed a steep decline in my sales. Before this feature was included I used to get at least 2-5 sales a day. But Now it has dropped to 1 or 2 sale per day on average.

So my question to Level Two, Level One Sellers is that, has this feature affected your sales in any way ?

==============

I guess this feature is bad not just for sellers but also for buyers. Because I believe 90% of the buyers will search only for top rated sellers for a particular GIG or Service. That put Level one and Level two sellers straight out of the competition, as they are filtered out. So they don’t even get a fair chance. Now all Top rated sellers are better than Level two or Level One sellers is not always True.

Lets say a seller achieves top rated status because of his gigs in Writing category. Now if that same seller creates a gig in Graphic Design category he will be having a better chance of making sale in Graphic design than an Experienced Level Two Graphic designer, and all Because of this new search GIG feature. That same seller may be a great content writer But not essentially a great Graphic designer. So the buyer gets a mediocre work form top rated seller, While he could get a great work for same price from an level two or even Level one seller. So I request Fiverr Team to do something about it.

NOTE: No offence to any Top Rated seller. I was just giving an example.

i do think that this feature deffinatly will help the buyer get a good service, I do however think that the new sellers will be harder to make a sale that how it used to be.

Personally I cannot really judge if it has been something bad for me because i just came back on track and got sales this month.

I guess if a level one or two wants to make a more likely chance for someone to buy their gig than a top seller one then they have to make something different with their gig that pops out. people are looking for quality and low cost, and that what level 1 and 2 buyers can do, they can just make a very good quality gig and bring the price down and get as much sales until we are top sellers.

I could be wrong but I am guessing that buyers might also search for new sellers a lot. It seems the sellers that have been here a while but lost levels are also added into the New Sellers category giving more competition to the sellers that really are New Sellers. Now Top Sellers, Rated 1 and 2 Sellers in search are much easier to search for than the New Sellers category so that is a good perk.

Archived