Somebody submitted a request when I was in the middle of another gig, and I'm not sure whether or not I could do both.

jayslater285

Question

I'm currently working on a project for my highest tier. This morning, I woke up to see that somebody else has requested another gig without consulting me first.

I'm not saying for sure that I can't finish both, but it would be very difficult for me.

Should I tell the new buyer to cancel until I'm done with my old gig? Or would it not be worth the cancellation? How should I tell him? 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

ask for a time extension for one of the orders if you need it.

This is a great option! It's better to do this as soon as possible so that the buyer is aware.

7 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

And if you can't take more orders you could either pause one or more gigs or go out of office for a bit.

Another alternative to pausing your gigs or going out-of-office is to update your gig packages so that there's plenty of time to complete your gigs (when I was busy I put 14-day deliveries on all of my gig packages and removed the option to expedite the orders).

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jayslater285 said:

I woke up to see that somebody else has requested another gig without consulting me first.

I remember the first time someone ordered without messaging me first. Oh, that was a situation that crawled up and down my spine 😅

In most of the situations where this has happened, I simply requested cancellation... but I'm not sure that's as viable an option now (although this instance would seem to be one of those exceptions they listed in that terrible new buyer-can-leave-a-review-on-cancelled-orders rule).

Anyway, it didn't take long to realize I needed to absolutely plaster "Pls msg first 🙂" over all my gig packages and in my description. So for future reference, I've found that when you write  "Pls msg first 🙂 " just about EVERYWHERE on your gig (in the package titles, etc), people seem to notice 🔎 it better.

Edited by themarineiguana
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice on putting 

16 minutes ago, themarineiguana said:

Anyway, it didn't take long to realize I needed to absolutely plaster "Pls msg first 🙂" over all my gig packages and in my description. So for future reference, I've found that when you write  "Pls msg first 🙂 " just about EVERYWHERE on your gig (in the package titles, etc), people seem to notice 🔎 it better.

Thanks for the advice. 

What sucks is that the gig I was working on before was also done without them contacting me. It was the first time that happened to me.

• Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, jayslater285 said:

Thanks for the advice on putting 

Thanks for the advice. 

What sucks is that the gig I was working on before was also done without them contacting me. It was the first time that happened to me.

If you have Seller Plus you can turn on the Request to Order feature. Otherwise, the best thing you can do is to set a limit on how many orders you can have in your queue and make sure the delivery times in your gig packages allow you enough time to complete the delivery with a couple of days to spare if possible. 

In your situation, it's best to ask the new buyer for an extension. Politely explain what happened, apologize for the inconvenience, and let them know you need a bit more time to complete the order because you'd hate to rush a delivery and not live up to the high standards they should expect from you, etc., etc. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I think at first you should to speak politely to the new buyer. Inform him about your current situation and time-frame. Hope he will let you know his decision. If he needs the work quickly, then you can take time from the old buyer, if the job is a long term job.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1