my account is under review they said its flagged using false identity

nadir03000

its been 13 days almost i got mail from fiverr saying that my account is flagged using false identity. i dont know why they denied all my gigs and i cant even sent message to any buyer . i have grown this account by working very hard . before going under review i have done some work for my last client came . first i completed my work then i sent him custom offer and he instantly accept it and gave me 5 star review. and now under his messeges thred its showing this person is currently not accepting messages unlike other client . may be he reported me ?
and one more thing my gig images are designed on canva by using the image of a model on it provided by canva it self . i dont think this should be the reason because almost all or my competetors have gig images like this 
really worried please guide me its still under review

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, nadir03000 said:

and one more thing my gig images are designed on canva by using the image of a model on it provided by canva it self . i dont think this should be the reason because almost all or my competetors have gig images like this

It might be more likely that the issue is because you were using the same person's image for your Fiverr profile image, and if that wasn't you then that could be why it was flagged (eg. they might have automatically detected a stock image of a person on the internet that you were using there).

You could check this page: https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity

Use a fake name, gender, photo, or any fictional or false biographical details in your user profile

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

It actually seems like it's a real lawyer (Bill Ihlenfeld) that the person is in the photo from the profile and gig image and the OP also said "Licensed and Experienced Lawyer" in their profile. So if it's a real laywer in the image rather than a model from a stock image, who isn't the OP then that would be even more serious than using a stock image I assume (a real laywer isn't going to be happy about someone else offering lawyer services using their image on their profile/gig images).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, maitasun said:

What has stopped you?

Well I don't really want to harm others here, as you see from my website I just try to assist and help. And also, last time I reported someone to customer support because they were just self-promoting their business to me (without wanting to hire my services) I received an account warning. So honestly I am very hesitant to report anything, I just mark as spam and move on.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2023 at 5:59 PM, uk1000 said:

It actually seems like it's a real lawyer (Bill Ihlenfeld) that the person is in the photo from the profile and gig image and the OP also said "Licensed and Experienced Lawyer" in their profile. So if it's a real laywer in the image rather than a model from a stock image, who isn't the OP then that would be even more serious than using a stock image I assume (a real laywer isn't going to be happy about someone else offering lawyer services using their image on their profile/gig images).

how could you know his name and about the images . actually i hired a person from a platform to make gig images and he made these images and i have paid him  i really dont know who the person was in the image.is there any solution to it my account is still under review. really need your guidance will be obliged.

i can also provide my Bar license as a lawyer if fiver demand it .

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, nadir03000 said:

how could you know his name and about the images . actually i hired a person from a platform to make gig images and he made these images and i have paid him  i really dont know who the person was in the image

By searching Google for your Fiverr profile link. Then looking at the Fiverr link of yours that has a "cached" option in the Google search results. The one that did is the "I will draft terms and conditions, privacy policy and disclaimer are strong, affordable" gig.

That gig shows the same image of a man in both the gig image and the profile (scrolling down to the "about the seller" section shows the profile image with increased size so it shows more clearly).

Then go to Google, click on "images", click the icon to "search by image", on the cached copy of your gig with the image of the lawyer click "copy image link" on that image. Paste that image link into the google "search by image" tab.

Then you can put the part of the image to search over the image of the person.

On the right side of that Google page it says:

William J. Ihlenfeld II
Former West Virginia State Senator

edit: it's easier if you paste the image from your profile link (the one that's shown after "about the seller") instead of the one from the gig image into the google image search as then you won't have to crop it in the google search window.

If you look at articles for the image some say "Bill Ihlenfeld".
Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nadir03000 said:

i am a real and licensed lawyer i do not want to get my account banned

If you paid for someone to create the gig images for you (and you believed they were all okay to use) then you could let Fiverr know and see what they say.

But the fact you used it as your profile image too might still be a big problem, since even if it was an image of a person that a site said was okay to use it would still be misleading to put another person's image as you.

As a lawyer though I'd have thought you'd do more checks and be more sure not to do anything against any rules.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

If you paid for someone to create the gig images for you (and you believed they were all okay to use) then you could let Fiverr know and see what they say.

But the fact you used it as your profile image too might still be a big problem, since even if it was an image of a person that a site said was okay to use it would still be misleading to put another person's image as you.

As a lawyer though I'd have thought you'd do more checks and be more sure not to do anything against any rules.

you are right . totally agreed with you . is there any way out . i do not even know how to talk to them at the support center they are saying it will be reviewed by other team and i cant do anything other then wait . review will take upto 120 days

• Like 9

If you can't contact them at the help desk you could send an email at support@fiverr.com

But you could explain what I said above if you want, that you got someone to create the gig images (since that's what you told us here) and assumed they were all okay to use (if that's correct - it still might be problem because you also used it on the profile image though. If you didn't read the Fiverr TOS or community standards page maybe letting them know you didn't see the rules against that might help). Ideally you'd read the TOS and other rules pages in future though if they do reactivate your account.

But you might just have to wait, but if you do want to post your side of the story in the support ticket (if it might help) and it allows you then you could.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

brother i have contact cs its my third time they are saying that they can not do any thing . it is going to be reviewed by fiverr trust and safety team and and it might take upto 120 days and in other ticket they have said it will take 60 days . is there any way to farword my request to that specific team i am a honest seller and i am really worried because of my account its still under review

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, nadir03000 said:

i have contact cs its my third time they are saying that they can not do any thing . it is going to be reviewed by fiverr trust and safety team and and it might take upto 120 days and in other ticket they have said it will take 60 days

If they say they can't do anything then you might just have to wait. If you wanted you could ask CS if they would forward your response(s)/any evidence to the Trust & Safety team but I don't know if they will.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, wasim2017 said:

Can I withdraw the clear money in this period of waiting or not? please let me know I am frustrated after reading this post.

You can read what it says here: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014585217-Suspended-accounts

If it's restricted but not permanently suspended it says:

Restricted

The account is temporarily restricted.
The user, either customer or freelancer, can access the account, withdraw funds, complete ongoing orders, and review their order history. They cannot place or receive new orders, nor can they communicate with other customers through inbox messages. Freelancer Gigs will not show on the marketplace, and customers will not be able to place new orders. Once an account is temporarily suspended, the customer needs to wait for the trial period (which can take upwards of 90 days) to be completed—to know if the account will be restored or permanently suspended.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, wasim2017 said:

But why do you think they lagged my account for using a false identity after I put my real photo ??

It could either be because of the image you had there before (of the other person) or maybe their system could have found the same (new) image online and assumed it was copied (in that case you could show support that it's you as the ones online will have your name against them). You could ask CS which it is and if necessary show proof that the current one is you. But it's the same message you said in the first post so it may still be about the other picture that was shown in the profile before you recently changed it.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, wasim2017 said:

The previous image was my own logo I have used since 2018 on my business card

Oh okay. I thought you were the OP since you posted it in his thread. So if you're not and you didn't have anyone else's image in your profile previously then just show the proof to CS (proof that it was always your image/content in the profile), like I said, their checker probably found the same photos online and assumed they were copies probably.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, wasim2017 said:

In your case, it appears that you have offered a prohibited service."  !

Those are my gigs. Could anyone please tell me what is the prohibited service among them? And is it possible to categorize this issue under False Identity ???!!! Because the warning and restriction was False Identity.

So say to CS that the message you received was a about "false identity" not a prohibited service and ask them more about that and show them proof that you used your real identity on your account and that you used your real photo on your Fiverr profile. You could mention that you have used that photo on other sites (in case the system has detected those) but you could show them that those other sites say your name next to the photo).

re: the services.

The "do quality research and summary on any computer science topic" - would be be okay as long as you aren't offering to do academic work on behalf of students who should do it themselves.

And the "check the plagiarism ratio using Turnitin software" - there are only 3 gigs returned for "turnitin" so it might be something that Fiverr doesn't want (maybe that word could cause a flag). It's intended for checking academic work I think but proofreading academic work is allowed (according to the link below) but that link doesn't mention plagiarism checking.

This page give the dos and don'ts of academic work related gigs:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020869658

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @wasim2017,

Sometimes Fiverr's system will flag a gig for one thing (in your case, False Identity). This requires a manual review of your account, which may have confirmed that your identity was okay (but another issue related to offering prohibited services was found).

"Offering prohibited services" may not be directly related to your gigs - it could be related to a message that you or your buyers wrote in your inbox or order chats.

Or, the Trust & Safety team may have already found there is no issue with "offering prohibited services" and may have moved on to the next item on their checklist. Contacting CS again may bring up another possible reason why your account is under review (and this answer may only reflect where the Trust & Safety team is in their investigation).

This is pretty frustrating for anyone who has their account under review because answers from CS may be different every time. This is the main reason why CS advises sellers not to contact them during the review period.

However, I don't like how Fiverr doesn't have an appeal process for sellers to go through if they think their gig has been wrongly shut down. Like any audit process, sellers should have a chance to respond to any nonconformance that the Trust & Safety team finds before a final decision is made.

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1