Let's talk about analytics for a moment

frank_d

Hey gang!

I just wanted to share some thoughts. 

So I was browsing my personal records, where I have a detailed spreadsheet with my previous years performance on the platform in terms of sales and revenue. 

I was trying to compare data, to better understand how this year's performance stacks up so far, in order to better predict the remaining 2 quarters. I was also trying to see if a wierd slowdown during July is something that happens every year, or if there was something unique about it.

Then I realized: why can't I do this on the platform using actual Fiverr tools?!?

So I reached out to someone on Fiverr who I know does a remarkable job listening to feedback and concerns regarding the analytics page and the first response was amazing: let's make some tools for our sellers!

So what new tools would you like to see on the analytics page? Let's see if aside from being able to compara past months (number of sales and revenue) there are more tools we can ask for!

• Like 26
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

This would be on the gigs page, not analytics, but an averaging/smoothing option. In my own spreadsheet, I have a... hang on gonna grab a screenshot.

Also comparing months is good, but I wouldn't mind seeing week comparisons too. Are persons in my target market mostly active on weekends?

• Like 14
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

In the analytics screen when you switch the view to "yearly" it always defaults to the first year you joined. Couldn't they make it default to the most recent year?

Also maybe they could have the option to show the last 12 months of data there if that might be useful.

The world map that gets shown there seems to be just a bit of fun currently so people can see how many countries they've had orders from. But if it was changed could it provide more useful info? Currently you can have just 1 order from a country and the whole country gets filled in and looks the same as if you'd had >100 orders from the country (apart from if you put the mouse over it where it will tell you the total). Couldn't they make the map bigger and allow something visual in the countries so you could better see how many orders you've had from each country (eg. if you had many more orders in one country it could show more icons or coloured dots there), and maybe they could visually show which countries are the best earners or provide the best earnings per order. Maybe you could select to view it in full screen.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 15
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

I’d like to see:

-the ability to customize the dates you want sales data for similar to promoted gigs but for overall sales. Such as- what did I make this day or week last year.

-what keywords are resulting in messages. Don’t know if this one is possible. Currently we can only see what gig it relates to but it would be nice to receive the keyword used to find you and message you.

-ability to schedule your auto message and maybe have more than one. 

• Like 11
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

So what new tools would you like to see on the analytics page? Let's see if aside from being able to compara past months (number of sales and revenue) there are more tools we can ask for!

Hey! 

Great initiative Frank!

Here are some of my ideas: 

Being able to customize the dates as @bethanyvo is absolutely something I'd love to see, and in fact, it was something I suggested to the Fiverr team when they were improving the analytics page last time. 

Month-over-Month Comparison to detect seasonal trends (like the July slowdown you mentioned) would be extremely useful.  the tool could highlight any recurring patterns tied to specific times of the year.

Data about the demographics of buyers, such as country, first-time or repeat customers, and which gigs they ordered, analytics on whether they’re business buyers or not, etc.

Analytics about the buyer journey is something I feel is lacking. There’s not much we can do to see where potentials drop off, other than guess based on impressions vs. clicks vs. orders, but it would be helpful to learn more about every step of the process to improve gigs and communication.

Predictions based on past data and current trends to get revenue and sales predictions for upcoming quarters.

Time-to-Completion Metrics: Track the average time it takes to complete orders for each gig. This would help us determine if our pricing makes sense, based on the amount of time we spend on different types of gigs.

Cancellation and dispute stats to understand the reasons behind order cancellations or disputes would be a nice addition as well.

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

The world map that gets shown there seems to be just a bit of fun currently so people can see how many countries they've had orders from. But if it was changed could it provide more useful info? Currently you can have just 1 order from a country and the whole country gets filled in and looks the same as if you'd had >100 orders from the country (apart from if you put the mouse over it where it will tell you the total). Couldn't they make the map bigger and allow something visual in the countries so you could better see how many orders you've had from each country (eg. if you had many more orders in one country it could show more icons or coloured dots there), and maybe they could visually show which countries are the best earners or provide the best earnings per order. Maybe you could select to view it in full screen.

quoting this, as my idea is bit similar

To target correct audience, I need to know which orders are profitable (how much time i spent, how much i earn and from which countries)

Currently I calculate order score by:
- DAYS: number of days spent (more days spent, means more effort)

- BUDGET: (more budget, more profit)

Order Score = BUDGET / DAYS

Based on score, lowest score countries be displayed redish and others as greenish like heatmap:

image.jpeg.cc3cffb02757f9705f4fbdfd9a356fe6.jpeg

hovering on it red lists keywords associated with loss orders

hovering on greenish lists keywords associated with profitable orders

knowing correct countries, with knowing most demanded work type can be very beneficial

we can also add more fields in order score as well like ratings (* star count), repeat buyer (* 2)...

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Here are two more tools I’d love to see at some point in the future:

-projections/estimations on future revenue based on current revenue and past performance

-the ability to set goals. For instance I want to make $500,000 this year.

How am doing? How many orders do I need based on time left and average selling price?

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, frank_d said:

All great suggestions so far, Fiverr staff have got their eyes on this thread, can we get more people participating?

We can really push for changes here!

Hey @frank_d, appreciate you taking this initiative, thank you. One question, though, is this analytics-only, or are non-analytics based suggestions welcome as well?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hi @frank_d, thanks for reaching out to us for our feedback on the Analytics tools!

I really like all the suggestions so far, especially when it comes to customizing dates for our sales data, implementing comparative year-on-year graphs, and having graphs to help us track our sales goals and targets.

Other metrics/analytics that I’d love to add or improve on include:

• Buyer Satisfaction Score (BSR): Even if we don’t see the exact score, I still want to know if this changes over time. Even an up or down arrow would be helpful.
  • Average Selling Price (ASP): I’d love to see this broken down by gig and over a selected time period.
  • Enhanced Orders Breakdown: I’d like to select my own date range and add more types of orders to the breakdown (e.g., First-Time Buyer Promotions, Coupon orders, First-Time Buyers (new to Fiverr), and First-Time Buyers (new to me)). It would also be nice to see these on a timeline, rather than just numbers.
  • Customer Graphs: I want to see the average spend and average number of orders that I get per customer. I'd also love to see how many of my customers are buying from multiple gigs and what those gigs are so I can spot trends in their buying habits. I can already see who my biggest customers are in terms of sales and orders from my Contacts tab, but it would be nice to see this in graphical form as well (maybe as pie charts).
  • Inbox/Order Response Times: I only see an average response time of 1 hour. It would be nice to see how this is changing over time, especially when I'm busy or on vacation.
  • Quick Deliveries: I’d love to see a score, or at least how often I deliver early (before the 12-hour delivery notice is sent out).
  • Delivery to Closure Time: I want to see how long my orders are taking to fully close after I make a delivery (e.g., through extended reviews, revision requests, and new deliveries).
Edited by vickieito
  • Like 15
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Average Selling Price (ASP)

By ASP, are you referring to Average Order Value? AOV?

Personally, I'd love to see the $$ impact created by the sellers on the projects they've worked on. Of course, that will have to be provided by the buyers, and of course it's prone to be misused, so verified $$ impact maybe?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Buyer Satisfaction Score (BSR): Even if we don’t see the exact score, I still want to know if this changes over time. Even an up or down arrow would be helpful.

I agree with Vickie completely on this item. Any light that could be shed on our BSR standing would be very helpful.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yourbrandingpal said:

By ASP, are you referring to Average Order Value? AOV?

Just the average selling price per gig. Currently, our ASP is based on a composite score from all of our gigs, so my data entry and proofreading (lower-priced gigs) are being lumped together with resume writing and curriculum building (higher-priced gigs). I'd like to see the ASP separated by gig with visible performance over time. The ASP is the actual prices from the orders, so not exactly the AOV. I might have it listed higher or lower on my gig packages, so it is nice to see how the ASP differs between custom offers and those ordered straight from the gig page (as it's currently shown on our Analytics page).

1 hour ago, yourbrandingpal said:

Personally, I'd love to see the $$ impact created by the sellers on the projects they've worked on. Of course, that will have to be provided by the buyers

That would be nice to see but very difficult to do. Buyers would have to put forth a lot of effort to quantify the $$ impact (and I can't think of any buyer that would quantify that for me).

I'm happy if buyers come back to tell me they got a job because of a resume or LinkedIn profile that I've written. I also wouldn't want buyers to list my ecourses as having zero value because they couldn't get any students for their ecourses. I'm only responsible for creating their ecourses, not marketing them.

When it comes to value, I think that our data on repeat buyers (as well as our BSR) are good indicators of how much value we are providing.

(Note: I found out what word I was using that caused my post to go under review - I used the "c" word instead of "buyer.")

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

More on the world map...

I think instead of grey when there is a sale, different colours should be used for different sales volumes.

As an example:

0 sales - blank

1-5 sales - blue

6-10 sales - purple

11-25 sales - green

26-50 sales - yellow

51-100 sales - orange

101+ sales - red

I think that being able to visually see where the "hot" countries are for sales, if any of us use target marketing, this could help.

Of course, I have no idea if someone else mentioned colour-coding sales on the world map as I quickly scrolled through the responses. My apologies if I've duplicated someone else's idea here.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hey @frank_d,

Thanks for the topic!

It would be helpful to have statistics showing the number of messages we receive. This data would allow us to make more informed decisions and identify any communication issues that may be affecting our conversion rate. It's super important that we have a graph displaying both the total number of messages received and the total number of messages received per gig.

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, valleys2785 said:

Hey @frank_d,

Thanks for the topic!

It would be helpful to have statistics showing the number of messages we receive. This data would allow us to make more informed decisions and identify any communication issues that may be affecting our conversion rate. It's super important that we have a graph displaying both the total number of messages received and the total number of messages received per gig.

Total number of messages per gig may show you what’s getting traction sure.

But a more helpful number may be average number of messages for you to sell.

A higher number would indicate room for improvement in title, description and FAQ.

• Like 11
  • Up 2

I would love to be able to track time like Clockify or Toggl. When you visit the order page you could be asked if you want to start tracking time, and then you could either manually stop the timer when you’re done, or input the data later (essential if you forget to start/stop the timer). The benefit to having this built into Fiverr would be improved analytics with valuable information such as time spent per order, average order time for a particular client, hourly rate earned per order, average hourly rate per package/gig and so on. It would also be great to compare gigs to see which are bringing in the best/worst hourly rate. This information would be invaluable when it comes to pricing gigs, as you could factor in this data to ensure you're being paid fairly for the amount of time you're working.

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 1