A buyer gave me a 1-star and a positive comment on feedback

evoke_creative

Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, evoke_creative said:

What should I do now?

Respond as if it was a 5-star review because the buyer only stated that they loved your service. 

Most likely it was the buyer's mistake, but I don't recommend that you contact the buyer or CS because you could get a warning for trying to manipulate the buyer's rating. The best thing to do is move on - you still have an average rating of 5.0, and if buyers ever look at your 1-star reviews, they won't hold this review against you.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, evoke_creative said:

A buyer gave me a 1-star and a positive comment on feedback, but I believe they misunderstood and accidentally gave me 1 star instead of a higher rating. They actually liked my work. What should I do now?

May be buyer intention was positive, but buyer's mistake make you to pay for it

Rating loss harms your rank, regardless what comment is written

If I were you, I wouldn't digest that easily

Look there's no issue in consultation, as this case is different

Confirm user whether they are satisfied and that review wasn't a mock

Don't ask like "why you gave me 1 star...", instead ask "are you satisfied from my service 100% ..."

Once user confirms their mistake, contact customer service, share that screenshot as evidence

Review may get deleted (normally in case of tos violation). Not sure what will happen in current case, CS know well.

To me, this case is same like buyer orders mistakenly

and at such cancellation, your order completion rate doesn't effects

Because fiverr never punish you, when its NOT your mistake at all

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Review may get deleted (normally in case of tos violation). Not sure what will happen in current case, CS know well.

The same thing happened to me around New Year's, 7 months ago. The buyer just randomly left that review with a positive message. If you go to customer support to report this, you lose your account or receive an account warning. Just let it go and move on. That's what I did. And maybe block the buyer, clearly they don't care about your ratings or how they score gigs, so they are a liability.

• Like 8
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1