Scheduled messages and deliveries.

It would be great to have the ability to schedule messages in the inbox and order chat, as well as schedule deliveries.

That way, we could deliver messages at a considerate time for the recipient, without having to send them at an inconvenient time ourselves. It could even be as simple as a button that says "Deliver when it's daytime" (for the recipient).

One reason I'd love to schedule deliveries is sometimes a job takes me much less time than I expected. (For example, if I finish other work faster than I expected and can get to an order sooner than planned.)

On the surface, it might seem like a win-win to deliver the job days early and sometimes I do, depending on the nature of the job and my relationship with the buyer. However, sometimes I am wary of this, as it could be perceived that I haven't put enough work in, or it might make the client think I will deliver very early each time, which doesn't set the best expectation for the future.

I know I could just wait until it's closer to the time, but then I have orders sitting in my list that are already 'done'. I'd love to be able to 'deliver' it, so it's out of my to do list, but so it arrives with the client closer to the time they are expecting it.

Questions for other freelancers:

1. Am I overthinking the early delivery thing?
  2. What do you think to scheduled messages?

Thanks

• Like 2

3 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

However, sometimes I am wary of this, as it could be perceived that I haven't put enough work in, or it might make the client think I will deliver very early each time, which doesn't set the best expectation for the future.

Trust me, people love when you deliver stuff faster. So, there's no reason to schedule reviews, if anything you want to send as quickly as possible. Or you can always hold off the document/file and deliver later if that's what you want. 

3 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:
  • Am I overthinking the early delivery thing

Yes 😄

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 4:37 AM, donnovan86 said:

Trust me, people love when you deliver stuff faster. So, there's no reason to schedule reviews, if anything you want to send as quickly as possible. 

Don’t you think buyers might come to expect an early delivery if you deliver very early?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

Don’t you think buyers might come to expect an early delivery if you deliver very early?

Well it depends on the niche. But the smart thing to do is to always ask for more time than needed. That way there's no pressure and you can deliver earlier. 

• Like 2