Seller Level

graphic3d

Question

I had to cancel a buyer's job 2 times after he started his job. The recipient was using rude sentences and making hurtful comments. For this reason, I canceled after stating that I could not do his job. I was demoted from level 2 to the new seller position. I find it unacceptable that sellers are rated this way, regardless of their justification.

In this regard, I find it more appropriate to examine the disagreements and determine the levels.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

5 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, graphic3d said:

I had to cancel a buyer's job 2 times after he started his job. The recipient was using rude sentences and making hurtful comments. For this reason, I canceled after stating that I could not do his job. I was demoted from level 2 to the new seller position. I find it unacceptable that sellers are rated this way, regardless of their justification.

In this regard, I find it more appropriate to examine the disagreements and determine the levels.

If you find the way Fiverr works to be unacceptable, why did you click "I accept" on the terms when signing up for Fiverr?

If you dance with a partner and they continually step on your toes, you don't ask them for another dance. 

Instead of cancelling, wouldn't it have been better to report the buyer? Also, there's no harm in letting such buyers know, albeit professionally, that their behavior is, simply put, not acceptable. If you choose to cancel the order, you choose to accept the consequences of doing so. 

And the level system isn't here for decorative purposes. If you're not able to screen your buyers or tackle problems like this in a businesslike manner, Fiverr doesn't think you deserve the level two badge at the moment. That doesn't mean you can't work your way back up again. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

If you find the way Fiverr works to be unacceptable, why did you click "I accept" on the terms when signing up for Fiverr?

If you dance with a partner and they continually step on your toes, you don't ask them for another dance. 

Instead of cancelling, wouldn't it have been better to report the buyer? Also, there's no harm in letting such buyers know, albeit professionally, that their behavior is, simply put, not acceptable. If you choose to cancel the order, you choose to accept the consequences of doing so. 

And the level system isn't here for decorative purposes. If you're not able to screen your buyers or tackle problems like this in a businesslike manner, Fiverr doesn't think you deserve the level two badge at the moment. That doesn't mean you can't work your way back up again. 

I'm not objecting anyway. I just want them to watch over us sellers. You're right, I could have solved this problem in another way. I know I'm showing intolerance for the moment.

• Like 10

20 hours ago, graphic3d said:

I'm not objecting anyway. I just want them to watch over us sellers. You're right, I could have solved this problem in another way. I know I'm showing intolerance for the moment.

That's ok. It's natural to be pissed off and frustrated when things like this happen. I get it. It helps to vent sometimes. 🤓 Do a great job and you'll get back up to level two again! I was a level two and dropped to level one once. Today I'm a Top Rated Seller and Fiverr Pro seller. A demotion from Level 2 is just a great learning experience wrapped up in the ugliest gift paper money can buy. 🤣

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, arifa581sultana said:

If any order is canceled by Fiverr community, what will be the effects on the account of seller?

Fiverr Community doesn't cancel any order. You might be wanted to say that cancelation by Fiverr Support. Well in that case read this,

Let’s review the different types of cancellations.

Buyer-requested cancellations: Buyers can request to cancel an order if it's marked as very late (24 hours or more). If sellers have already worked on the order, they may not receive payment.

Seller-requested cancellations: Sellers can request to cancel an order, and it will be automatically canceled if the buyer doesn't respond within 48 hours. Sellers are encouraged to use the Order page or the Resolution Center to resolve issues with the buyer before contacting Customer Support.

Mutual cancellations: Both buyers and sellers can request a cancellation through the Resolution Center if there are issues with the order. The other party has 48 hours to accept or decline the cancellation request, and if no response is received, the order is automatically canceled. If an agreement cannot be reached, customer support can be contacted.

Forced cancellations: Different scenarios for canceling orders are described, including canceling before submitting project requirements, canceling if the delivery is late without mutual agreement, and canceling an order with an open dispute. The Resolution Center is recommended for resolving disputes.

Cancellations & Seller Levels: When evaluating a seller, all cancellations are taken into account. We are aware that some cancellations are inevitable and those cancellations have a lower impact on a seller's performance scores.
Learn more about how to decrease cancellations below.

Sellers: Keep a steady OCR to build relationships with buyers and grow your business.
Your OCR also enables you to track the quality of the service you’re providing.

Note: There has been a recent update to the OCR calculation. Learn more with All About Order Completion.

Tips to decrease cancellations: Here tips are provided to decrease cancellations, such as being clear about pricing and project requirements, effective communication, utilizing the Order page for modifications, setting reasonable delivery times, and utilizing the Availability feature.

Note: This summary is based on the information provided in the Fiverr Help.

• Like 5