Add gig creation to the app

I’m sure I can’t be the first person that’s asked for this.

I do 90% of my fiverr work from my phone. In fact, I pretty much only access fiverr through the desktop interface when I’m trying to do something that can’t be achieved in the app. Please add the ability to add or edit gigs on the go.

It’s frustrating that I have to wait until I’m back in the office to fix a typo in my description or adjust my prices.

Thank you.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

The problem with this, aside from being quite a complicated thing to add, is that it will also lead to many low quality sellers to create random gigs and see if it sticks. At least via the website it takes a while, but if they allow people to do this from within the app, it might lead to a lot of low quality gigs made just to be there and fool buyers. At least that's what I think, others might want it, but I can assure you this issue will come up sooner rather than later...

• Like 3
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

All your gigs are for video editing and motion designed, primarily focusing on Final Cut and Motion. How do you do 90% of your Fiverr work from your phone?

Hehe, Good question. But I guess he meant things on the platform not his service.
Until now, as I'm seeing this I never thought about this feature, however it would be great to have it because sometimes you'd like to change something right away, fix your pricing, edit something.
One thing you could do is to use the desktop version on your mobile for now, if you have an emergency.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, leahan said:

Hehe, Good question. But I guess he meant things on the platform not his service.
Until now, as I'm seeing this I never thought about this feature, however it would be great to have it because sometimes you'd like to change something right away, fix your pricing, edit something.
One thing you could do is to use the desktop version on your mobile for now, if you have an emergency.

Haha. Yes, I guess I wasn’t very clear about this. 90% of the work happens on my Mac and 90% of the communication happens on my phone.

7 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

The problem with this, aside from being quite a complicated thing to add, is that it will also lead to many low quality sellers to create random gigs and see if it sticks. At least via the website it takes a while, but if they allow people to do this from within the app, it might lead to a lot of low quality gigs made just to be there and fool buyers. At least that's what I think, others might want it, but I can assure you this issue will come up sooner rather than later...

I get what you mean. It’s important to keep the quality on fiverr high. There are a lot of systems in place to ensure that low quality gigs don’t last long on the platform, or at least fall so far down the list that it doesn’t matter. Using the desktop interface on a phone is an option for anyone so I’d imagine what you’re concerned about will happen either way. I think I would just appreciate the added convenience of a mobile interface.

I suppose you’re right, though – a mobile interface of some kind is probably inevitable.

• Like 3

Just now, visualstudios said:

That makes sense. making a gig from scratch on a phone doesn't make a lot of sense to me, I really need a computer for that. Being able to edit some information on the gig on the app (mainly pricing and packages) would definitely be cool though.

And on top of that, on a PC you can resize images, write a longer description, etc. I don't agree with Fiverr adding a way to create gigs from mobile, since as I said, it will bring a lot of trash gigs that are made in a minute and which clutter the website. We already have a lot of that already. It might help some, but honestly everyone has a laptop or computer these days.. and it's more convenient to set up a gig from there. At least that's just me..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

but honestly everyone has a laptop or computer these days..

The trend is the opposite, actually. Everyone had one in the mid 2000's. Now, everyone has a smartphone, a lot of younger people no longer have computers. And a lot of people do their entire lives on the smartphone, and think it is a replacement. As someone who has spent every waking hour in front of a proper computer for decades, it's a bit sad to see, personally.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Now, everyone has a smartphone, a lot of younger people no longer have computers.

People that are serious about working online do.. As I said, offering that option on smartphones would just bring low quality gigs and sellers. I don't see any serious seller working solely from a phone, really. But again, that's my opinion. I agree that smartphones are very common but as I said, if you are serious about working online you at least have a laptop, if not a desktop PC. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I agree that smartphones are very common but as I said, if you are serious about working online you at least have a laptop, if not a desktop PC. 

Of course, but most people are not serious about working online. As to laptop vs desktop, they're the same thing, a computer is a computer. My main machine atm is a laptop, and it runs circles around my 27 inch iMac...

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

My main machine atm is a laptop, and it runs circles around my 27 inch iMac...

That's because you are a serious seller. As I said, people that are serious will invest in good hardware. Honestly we don't need a few more million random gigs that don't offer any value to the website.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Totally agree. It would be nice to be able to edit gigs from the phone, but creating them doesn't seem to be a good idea.

Now I think about it, it’s not really gig creation I want either. It’s just the ability to easily edit little details like change pricing etc.

• Like 3