Can I use dropbox to send my 2GB file to my clients in fiverr inbox.

prionti_

Question

''Can I use dropbox to send my 2GB file to my clients in fiverr inbox'' I have already delivered my order. Now clients request for some revisions and want me to send the file again in fiverr inbox. But I can't send my 2GB file, it's stuck in the send option. What should I do now??

• Like 13

16 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, prionti_ said:

I want to use Dropbox. But If I share the dropbox link in fiverr inbox, will it be any problem?

Dropbox is connected to your e-mail, and Fiverr doesn't want your e-mail to be public. Wetransfer, via the link option, isn't, so it's a safer choice anyway. If you insist on using dropbox, ask support. I just gave you an alternative that works better and should be no issue.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 11
  • Up 1

10 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Dropbox is connected to your e-mail, and Fiverr doesn't want your e-mail to be public.

I've sent links with dropbox and they don't get sent via email (maybe there's an option there for it but if there is I haven't used that option). It's just a link to the file where you can paste the link in the Fiverr post (ie. a public link but only the person you give it to in the Fiverr post will have it, without the need for their email or login). Though one thing that might be a problem is people with the link could add a comment there in theory (could that be offsite-contact if they did? But if the seller doesn't I assume it's okay).

Fiverr themselves say:

Troubleshoot file attachments or technical errors

If the file you'd like to deliver is too big, or you experience technical limitations, you may use alternative methods to send a file (e.g., a dropbox link).

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010639437-Delivering-an-order?segment=seller

So in their help they mention you can use dropbox if there are technical limitations with using the upload option on Fiverr. One limitation with Fiverr is it doesn't allow continuing where you left off if there was a connection failure whereas dropbox software can (depending how it's done I think).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, uk1000 said:

I've sent links with dropbox and they don't get sent via email

They're not sent via e-mail, but they are a link to your dropbox. Which is connected to your e-mail. Fiverr may allow it, but it's very easy to get your e-mail if I have access to your dropbox, that was my point. Since Fiverr really dislikes that, I would think they would much prefer direct transfer services, where no accounts are involved.

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Which is connected to your e-mail. Fiverr may allow it, but it's very easy to get your e-mail if I have access to your dropbox

No buyers can see my email address (or name) if they go to a (public) dropbox link I give. How could you see my email address if I don't show it on dropbox and I don't give links requiring an email address/login when I create the public dropbox links?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

How could you see my email address if I don't show it on dropbox and I don't give links requiring an email address/login when I create the public dropbox links?

Just checked (I don't use dropbox, I find it very slow), and apparently you can't see the e-mail when shared like that - you can, however, see the username if you're logged in, which may or may not be what you want. With a direct link transfer, there's no account in the first place, so it's 100% anonymous. Another factor is that using dropbox you need to keep the file in your dropbox folder, if you delete it (you need space), the person who gets the link can no longer download it. With a direct transfer, you don't need to worry about that.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 11
  • Up 1

34 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Another factor is that using dropbox you need to keep the file in your dropbox folder, if you delete it (you need space), the person who gets the link can no longer download it

I'm going to check with them about the email address thing (from reading one place I'm not sure if they can see it on shared folders - maybe that's different from shared files - or it may be only relevant if you share the folder to certain email address - which I wouldn't). For the space thing - you can have it so it only stores it on their servers rather than also on your disc though you're right that there's a limit to the amount of storage they allow or if you ever stopped subscribing they may lose access. Though old Fiverr deliveries can also prevent people from re-downloading the files I think.

If Fiverr could make their file uploads work better and have all the main functionality of things like dropbox then that would be a lot better. People could re-give files (if only one out of a number of files had changed in a revision) or their buyers could give access to them to their buyers (eg. if they were outsourcing and needed to give source files) and importantly, continuing where any uploads left off. Then people shouldn't ever need to use dropbox or similar for Fiverr orders.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10

I have already checked the Dropbox link and I saw in the information that there is no email is showing, only my name is appearing and date of file created - no email. But I am really confused because when I search it on google, I saw that I can use three platform to share files - Dropbox, WeTransfer & Google drive but I am not really sure which one is the best that fiverr is recommending.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, prionti_ said:

I saw that I can use three platform to share files - Dropbox, WeTransfer & Google drive but I am not really sure which one is the best that fiverr is recommending.

You could check with CS at the helpdesk. But their help page that I linked above said "If the file you'd like to deliver is too big, or you experience technical limitations, you may use alternative methods to send a file (e.g., a dropbox link). ".

So they mentioned dropbox but I'm sure they'd allow google drive too (maybe the other one too). As long as you don't send anything with the email option and don't use any that require an emailed link, since Fiverr would likely disallow that because of off-site contact. But checking with CS should allow you to get the official answer.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, prionti_ said:

But I am really confused because when I search it on google, I saw that I can use three platform to share files - Dropbox, WeTransfer & Google drive but I am not really sure which one is the best that fiverr is recommending.

15 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

So they mentioned dropbox but I'm sure they'd allow google drive too (maybe the other one too). As long as you don't send anything with the email option and don't use any that require an emailed link, since Fiverr would likely disallow that because of off-site contact.

Yes, you can use Google Drive and deliver the link as a .txt file.

Just make sure you select "Anyone with the link" when getting the link to share the file. Please see the screenshot.

ff.jpg

Edited by maitasun
  • Like 9