Tips from a 1000 gig seller (over 6 months)

artworkking

OK Trying to not sound rude but what tips are people referring to? I saw one tip in his post “Make sure it’s the best gig on Fiverr! That simple.” the rest of his post was about how good he was. To point out a lot of people do the retro logo and flyer look in gigs, who came first I am not sure.

I am sorry if this seems rude but I read a lot of post about tips and few do more than say “make it the best on Fiverr”. Well yea that would make sense! I mean offer trash get trash.

I looked at the profile and yes his work is great, his sells are really there (sometimes they are not there from people offering advice). I have only 8 sells but I am 100% on them all so far, on one gig that I offer. But really what can be done to make my gig offer any better? Should I maybe list it under other category? Can you offer gigs in more than one category for better viewing? Are there keywords I can change? These are the tips that would be more helpful than “make it the best on fiverr”

• 3 weeks later...

Reply to @gryphonsrest:

I appreciate your honest response, but I think you missed my first line:

"First off, you need to have a gig that warrants that amount of interest"

My advice is far more than just “being the best”. It’s about garnishing an interest.

I’m now up to 1300 gigs in 7 months based mostly on that retro gig - I can see from your gigs that you are offering what you ‘want’ to offer rather than what your buyers may want. Sorry to sound harsh, but after 5 months, you should have more purchases.

That tells me you’re only offering a niche that you think will sell. The gold medal is a lot more than that. It’s about offering something your buyers need that you learn to sell. Think of them first and then come up with the answer, and yes, make that answer the best it can be! 🙂

Sorry for any misunderstanding in my first post.

Cheers,

AK

Wonderful tips. It’s easy to look at an existing market and want to immediately jump in, but without any individuality, there’s nothing to set you apart in the crowd and create interest.

I’ve only been here a week but I can already tell that there’s a huge market for infinite possible niches. It’s easy to see something doing well and want to copy, but the easy road so rarely pays off it’s not worth it.

Right now I’m trying to find my own niche, my own special thing that will set me apart from the rest. My first attempts so far have garnered 5 sales in the first week and I’m hoping that the interest is there.

Thank you for the wonderful advice!

Archived