Fiverr PRO 2.0

newsmike

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I'm having a feeling it will disappear entirely soon.

Yeah, that's what I said last week when this appeared. I think they try to differentiate TRS from PRO even more. TRS won't disappear, but they will most likely keep it for great sellers that are not Pro yet, and which also have a much lower pricepoint. It seems that even for those TRS that were made PRO..any new PRO gigs they want to make still need to be $100 or more, so the rules remain very similar. 

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1

I wonder if maybe TRS was causing buyer confusion. Like maybe most were picking a TRS over a Pro and that was impeding the Go Upmarket funnel. So maybe the way Fiverr presumes this benefits Pro is by taking away the branch that led people away from Pros, so pricing perceptions hold more weight and get more business for premium gigs?

• Like 16
  • Congrats! 1

14 hours ago, smashradio said:

I have the new blue icon thing too, and the TRS status is basically hidden except for on my gig page at the moment. I'm having a feeling it will disappear entirely soon. 

I have the blue icon, but only on my profile. Not a fan - it doesn't indicate "Pro" but looks like a Twitter verified profile check mark. I certainly hope the Pro 2.0 that was promised will be more than cosmetic.

• Like 14
  • Haha 2
  • Congrats! 1

11 minutes ago, breals said:

I'm sorry Levine, but you are the one who felt the need to say that you have made $1.4 million on Fiverr and worked for a fortune 500 company?

It's Levi. And yes, she wanted to downplay my legitimacy so the proper response is to provide legitimacy. That's a common discussion process.

Edited by levinewman
  • Like 12
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

On 7/11/2023 at 4:14 PM, uk1000 said:

but not any of the other levels (level 1-2) it seems

I've noticed something else, too: in the Budget tab for my niche it used to say that "Value" gigs were under $20, "Mid-range" were $20 - $50, and "High-end" were above that. But now, "Value" is under $35, "Mid-range" $35 - $70, and "High-end" is $70 and above.

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

On 7/7/2023 at 12:02 AM, smashradio said:

At the end of the day, badges didn't get us here. We got ourselves here. 

As a curious Pro Seller, I read through the entire thread and to me this one sentence👆 ....sums up the journey of everyone who is doing well on the platform. Some of us got through the rigorous vetting process and earned the Pro tag while now people are earning the tag for their long-term performance/vintage/client satisfaction etc.

Either way - it is the work we do, the quality of our interpersonal communication with the buyers and the ability to deliver top-notch work - that will keep us abreast with the changes.🙂 

Change is the ONLY constant always.. (just see how Instagram keeps changing its algorithm for content creators)😇 

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

On 7/22/2023 at 9:35 AM, charlsmcfarlane said:

I’m currently building an application for fiverr pro. Do you all think I’m wasting my time if it’s imminently changing?

I recently asked my SM the same. She advised me to hold off and avoid investing too much time in my application now, due to the upcoming changes (I'm guessing I would have been automatically approved into my other categories at some point). I was a Pro seller already, so my question was about expanding into other subcategories. Ultimately, I decided to take the plunge and submit my application, which was approved the next day.

I felt it wise to go pro now, rather than risk trailing behind. I decided to do it after a competitor who, despite having only 15 orders and no seller level, managed to turn pro without even applying (well-deserved, I might add since the guy really is a pro)

But being the leader in the Norwegian VO subcategory, I wasn't about to let myself be eclipsed by another seller turning pro, so I decided to get the Pro badge sooner rather than later. I spent about 15 minutes on my application.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

I recently asked my SM the same. She advised me to hold off and avoid investing too much time in my application now, due to the upcoming changes (I'm guessing I would have been automatically approved into my other categories at some point). I was a Pro seller already, so my question was about expanding into other subcategories. Ultimately, I decided to take the plunge and submit my application, which was approved the next day.

I felt it wise to go pro now, rather than risk trailing behind. I decided to do it after a competitor who, despite having only 15 orders and no seller level, managed to turn pro without even applying (well-deserved, I might add since the guy really is a pro)

But being the leader in the Norwegian VO subcategory, I wasn't about to let myself be eclipsed by another seller turning pro, so I decided to get the Pro badge sooner rather than later. I spent about 15 minutes on my application.

Thanks. I'm new to the pro thing but I'm hoping I will qualify. I guess we'll see. I submitted an application yesterday.

• Like 5
  • Up 2